Maine

I'm not sure. I worked really hard to keep our little cochin fed, watered, and comfortable while her breathing was so labored, and she ended up passing anyway. I would guess that all long as the temp is good, and you are making an effort to get food and water into her, that's all you can do.

Did you say his legs were splayed?
They said he had a "leg issue and may or may not make it"??? Its only one leg as I have been able to observe. It goes out from under him and when standing it is off to the side. I will post a pic

I just went to the page where all the swaps are listed. I had the Wilton Swap listed on the page with all the dates. Now they have all been removed. That just goes to show your true colors Hoppy, Bobbi, or Alley, whoever you happen to be today. No wonder people come here and don't hang around for long. You may hate me and that is your right, but to take it out on a whole group is not right. Remember Selfies. Hope you have a nice day which ever one you are today.

A friend of ours told me yesterday that there was a big hatchery fire midwest somewhere. Apparently he was in Aubuchon in Belfast, they were expecting guinea keets, and had a sign up saying they would not be coming due to the fire. He thought it was McMurray, but I have not been able to find anything about it online. Anyone know anything? Devastating if true.

Guinea keets will be ready to go out as soon as this weather breaks to intro pen for a few weeks. This same friend gave me like 30 guinea eggs for my bator, so will have some next month if anyone is interested. Sold out of last batch. Still have plenty of duckies and also fertile eggs, either Pekin or Buff, some mixed. Hatched like crazy, only lost 3 eggs out of over 2 dozen, and all babies are very healthy. Love watching them, helped a few, but most went solo. So much fun!

Will stop hatching the ducks for now until we can sell these little guys, concentrate on guineas, everyone wants them and have reservations for the keets coming this week from Stromberg's. Have never dealt with them before, but their reviews are decent, prices a little high, but free shipping, so it evens out. None of the other hatcheries have guineas until mid June or beyond except maybe Metzer's, but trying to get closer to home. Hopefully next year will not have to deal with hatcheries at all and be self sufficient.

Take care all, don't let the black flies chew you up too badly!!!

Here's a pic of the chick with the leg see how it goes off to the side

QT: An other thing you might do for this little gal (lets think positive gender thoughts here! I won't tell you that with that huge white spot down the back of the head that the chick looks like a roo! ) is give her some nutri-drench. I swear the stuff is a life saver.

Back
Top Bottom