Maine

The mean RIR roo and hen that I dealt with was way back in 1992/93 in Chicago. No idea if I have any pictures of Buckaroo or Banzai. All I remember was that I was told they were RIRs. And both of them were mean as all get out. Even the birds of prey that were kept in the same section (the Childrens Zoo at Lincoln Park Zoo) were easier to handle.

Okay question for anyone with a vehicle that is registered as a farm truck. My truck will not pass inspection without a bit of work. Nothing major just more than I want to deal with right now. All the important stuff (brakes especially) are in great working order. And I only use the truck to get hay and grain anyway.

I just switched plates from a PC registration to a Farm vehicle one. The place where I went for the inspection this morning, before I went to the town hall for the farm plates, said there was nothing else I needed to do but register the truck as a farm truck if I did not want to worry about an inspection. The town hall was just as helpful. Yet when I checked online a farm vehicle is exempt from a normal inspection if it is used as a farm vehicle (check), used in a 20 mile radius of the driveway where it is kept (check), has the name of the town in the drivers side door in four inch letters (not yet) and is checked once a year for basic safety issue. Question is who does this inspection and is there an actual sticker that will go on the windshield?

Okay question for anyone with a vehicle that is registered as a farm truck. My truck will not pass inspection without a bit of work. Nothing major just more than I want to deal with right now. All the important stuff (brakes especially) are in great working order. And I only use the truck to get hay and grain anyway.

I just switched plates from a PC registration to a Farm vehicle one. The place where I went for the inspection this morning, before I went to the town hall for the farm plates, said there was nothing else I needed to do but register the truck as a farm truck if I did not want to worry about an inspection. The town hall was just as helpful. Yet when I checked online a farm vehicle is exempt from a normal inspection if it is used as a farm vehicle (check), used in a 20 mile radius of the driveway where it is kept (check), has the name of the town in the drivers side door in four inch letters (not yet) and is checked once a year for basic safety issue. Question is who does this inspection and is there an actual sticker that will go on the windshield?

1. What are the restrictions on a Farm plate?
A farm-plated truck is limited to use related to farming and the farmer's personal and family transportation. A farm-plated truck may obtain either a full or partial inspection. If a full inspection is obtained, then the truck is not limited as to distance for registration and inspection purposes.
If a partial inspection is obtained, the truck is limited to a 20 mile radius of the farm, and the name of the town must be painted on the sides of the truck. The partial inspection includes running gear, steering mechanism, brakes, exhaust system, and lights, safety glass and tires.

I would think that any place that does inspections would be able to inspect a farm plated truck and you would need a sticker.

You would think the town hall would know but no dice. I found a place today who took the time to look into it and they inspected the truck for me. Their findings? The truck was in better shape than 90% of the vehicles they see. They found nothing wrong and gave me a regular non restricted sticker.

Last edited:
FREE Welsummer Roo. I lost my Welsummer hen to a fox attack the other day, so I'd like to give my Welly roo to someone that might want to add some genetic diversity to their flock. He's not show quality or registered and has some imperfections (3 stray white feathers). He's still a juvenile (maybe around 28 weeks or so, but is docile and has not been a bad guy thus far.

Send me a message if interested.

I'd like to take a minute to praise my DH. After he saw our BR rooster that I gave away 2 years ago...at his request...he's been looking at roosters on Craigslist & Uncle Henry's. Last night, we drove to Holden and picked up a handsome Lavender Orpington roo. DH has named him Ragnar "Lorp"brok (variation of Vikings lead character on the History Channel). Today I asked if we (he) could build a temporary pen in the garage so Ragnar didn't have to stay in the dog crate while he's in quarantine. He went to TSC and picked up some welded wire. It will be done tonight
2764.png
. He said "this isn't going to be a permanent fixture in my garage, is it?" I said "Nooo......"
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png

Back
Top Bottom