Maine

Getting my orders for the season lined up, thought I'd share part of my spreadsheet for for anyone looking to do broilers. This is the cost with shipping to Maine for 100 straight run CX.

We do order pooling if you're looking for a smaller quantity, targeting last week of April and should be about $1.75/ea this year. Waiting on confirmation from Aviagen, but we should be at $6 on Thanksgiving poults for end of June.

Has she been wormed before? It probably wouldn't hurt. I did have a bird who developed a bad leg and did not recover, but maybe I didn't give her enough time. How old did you say she is? Have you seen any progress? I wonder if you splinted her foot/lower leg if she would stand on it.

She's about 4 months old & never been wormed. She's still got the 1 foot curled. She tries to stand on the other leg. Maybe I should try to splint it or a chicken sling.

I forgot to mention my recent adventures in rat eradication. The next morning, the corn dog was gone, stick and all! I hope they are eating it and not just hauling it off. I plan to make another today. Meanwhile, the piece of cardboard that I chopped/mixed things on was covered in peanut butter and loose poison pieces, so I put that in the shack coop entryway where we get mice. It's been licked clean.

"Poison corn dogs" sounds good. I'm still battling the rats. I've got one living in the coop. Haven't seen it but I've seen evidence.
can you bring a poop sample to a vet? many vets say they wont do fecals on chickens but just say it is cat poop

awesome!! borax mixed with peanut butter also works great

My vet has done a fecal for me before but that was when the old farm vet was still there. Just Stopped by w/the sample and asked to have it tested.

Do you mix equal parts borax & peanut butter? I've never heard of using borax for rats.

She's about 4 months old & never been wormed. She's still got the 1 foot curled. She tries to stand on the other leg. Maybe I should try to splint it or a chicken sling.
"Poison corn dogs" sounds good. I'm still battling the rats. I've got one living in the coop. Haven't seen it but I've seen evidence.
My vet has done a fecal for me before but that was when the old farm vet was still there. Just Stopped by w/the sample and asked to have it tested.

Do you mix equal parts borax & peanut butter? I've never heard of using borax for rats.
probably 2 parts pb, to 1 part borax

borax is very poisonous, its an old timer thing that i was taught

@hiltonizer Do you have plans for any other orders this year? We're looking to get six or so mixed bantams to add to our flock, but we don't really have room for the fifteen minimum order.
I'm in China/Palermo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom