Maine

Lots of flooding going on now. Storm surges. You coastal folks, stay safe. SCG, hope you find your ducks. Would they have hunkered down under a shrub somewhere? Stay safe. Not fit for woman or beast right now.

My poor dog was a cowering fool. At one time, my hubby had to carry her down the stairs and toss her out the front door. In the mean time, I had shoveled a path for her, and had to coax her to come down to "go potty". We repeated this performance three times today. Stay safe, all. this is not going to be pretty when the sub zero moves in tomorrow night and through the weekend. I have no idea what this weather pattern is going to do to the flooded areas.

I just put more bedding in last week. However, all this moisture today can't be a good thing! I'm sitting pretty good with extra bedding available to tie me through spring. I do need to get out and scrape down perches and such.

I only cleaned out a tiny section where the chickens had been clustered in a lump for quite some time. I need to do more tomorrow, before the temperature drops.

The clustering has become a habit now. I had to throw seed around in the dry run to get them to come out there. I pretended not to see the large rat tunnels that have breached the hardware cloth somewhere.

I was glad to see the molty white leghorn preening today. It seems to be taking forever for her feathers to unfurl.

Back
Top Bottom