Maine

Zero eggs here for the past week. I suppose it is just as well, because I just wormed them.
My hens are getting older. As much as I miss hatching, I am restraining myself. I hope to retire in 4 years and maybe do some traveling. I could see taking a break from animals (and not searching for caretakers) for a bit. We'll see what happens.
Whatever you decide good luck. I retired last April and that's why I got chickens. Luckily my chicken sitter is still in HS but I think he graduates this spring. So I might have to retire from chickens. I want to see my grandkids more.

ETA: I got 4 eggs this am. 66,68,52,54 grams. I have a baker's dozen now. I have some SBE cartons so I put them in there. I see a custard pie or cheesecake with all those eggs. I use a big egg and a small egg for breakfast. I don't really see much of a difference from two large eggs.

Last edited:
Hello. I live in Maine and am in search of an older pekin male duck. We just lost our male and now our female is lonely. She is about 6 months old. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey all you mainers I'm from windham maine, I just wanted to know if next winter I should insulate my coop
Hi,
Insulating the coop is a great idea. My hubby insulated ours when he built it. This winter I added plastic on the outside of the windows. We live in Brewer, Me. Nice to speak to a fellow Mainuh. :)

I would try weeding through all of this.... but that would take forever.
So, I'm wondering(I've looked at the UMaine suggestions) what incubation humidity have you guys found works best for you(different times of the year would also help)?
Thanks,
Madie

Back
Top Bottom