Maine

Not a new member-but also not remembering where to put a state-specific classified so apologies given....looking for a rooster (not sure about preferred breed but Wyandotte, Buff Orp, Americauna, Red among those considered). Please be within one hour's drive of Ellsworth (Hancock County). Thanks.

Not a new member-but also not remembering where to put a state-specific classified so apologies given....looking for a rooster (not sure about preferred breed but Wyandotte, Buff Orp, Americauna, Red among those considered). Please be within one hour's drive of Ellsworth (Hancock County). Thanks.
Wish i could help, i have an extra amberlink and am 2 1/2 hours away =/ are there any farms selling close by to you?

I might be able to help, I've got a 20+ week old blue wheaten ameraucana rooster who just isn't fitting in here. I'm a little under an hour away and I'm asking $15 OBO for him... I'd have to check with a few other people who've shown interest but haven't commited yet if you're interested. Hope I can help.

Greetings BYC Mainers! I've been off BYC for a LONG time... trying to get back on. I'm looking to rehome a production RIR hen. 2 yrs 4 mo old. Excellent layer and absolute sweetie (she likes to fly up on to your arm and get snuggles). Her name is Babs.

The trick is she thinks she's a rooster. We do not have an actual rooster. Her rooster leanings have been going on for about 10 months. She has little spurs and crows. But she still regularly lays (even today!) :) She's second from the bottom on the pecking order and took to mounting the bottom girl, a COMPLETELY docile Australorp who refuses to stand up for herself.. With her spurs she managed to remove a large number of feathers - big problem in winter!

We do not have enough space to keep Babs fully occupied. If there was a farm with lots of space, other animals and a bigger flock with assertive girls and an actual rooster - that would be excellent for her. I doubt she'd cause any trouble in a flock of production reds, or any energetic/assertive breeds. An actual rooster would probably do a good job keeping her "in line", too.

She's perfectly healthy and clean. Never had any medical issues/injuries apart from a touch of comb frostbite her first winter. We are in Waldo County but I'm willing to deliver to "most" places in Maine to get her to the right home!

If interested, please PM me. Thanks for reading!

Hey from Maine! Looking to regime two 1 year old pekin make ducks. We have no females and they are lonely. Any interest please PM me.

Long story short, last night I came home with 22 more chickens. 15 are adults, but there are 7 silkie chicks, they were hatched by a hen and have been outside their entire life. But, with Maine winter, do you guys think they'll be okay(I'm estimating that they're about a week or two old now)?

MAINERS!!!! Pekin Duck pair and Toulouse/Chinese Geese For Sale

I'm in Bowdoin/Lisbon Falls area and have a bonded pair of Pekin Ducks (hen lays every day!) and a pair of female Toulous/Chinese cross Geese that lay in their laying season. All were raised last spring or their eggs by me, from eggs in my incubator. I need to sell them before the winter, as we are moving and will need time to set up a new situation for our waterfowl in the future and just don't have the time for it right now with family and a new baby coming!
The ducks, I'm ok with freezer camp, if that's what the new owners want, but the geese must absolutely go to a loving home, I love those geese! I originally thought they were a male and female pair, so I named them Hans and Frida, but Hans lays eggs....sooo....Hanzette and Frida it is now.
DSC_0094.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG

Back
Top Bottom