Make your own - No waste - 5 gallon (25# feed) bucket feeder for about $3

Pics
I just built the bucket feeder and only made one hole. I see some have multiple feeding holes. Should I cut one more or leave it. I have 8 chickens if that makes a difference. Thanks.
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f424.png
For 8 chickens, one hole is enough. We built 3 feeders with 2 holes each because we have 30 birds.

dpears, sorry to be so late with a reply!

Here's instruction for the watering system:

RobBob also has a video on the feeder bucket which is very helpful (can't copy and paste that link on this reply).

This has made life so much simpler!

Has anyone used this with ducks?

eta: sorry if someone has already answered that, I skimmed the thread quickly but didn't see anything

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I'm the OP on this thread.

Could I kindly ask that we keep this thread to the 5 gallon bucket "FEEDER".

There is another thread for my 5 gallon bucket "WATERER" that you can find in my signature line, plus many others here at BYC.

Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Me again................. Could I please ask this again............. This is a thread about FEEDER, not a watering thread. If we could stay on topic it would greatly help those that come to this thread because they want to learn about the feeder.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me what seems to be a good height for the feeder opening?

My coop has limited space, so I am thinking of putting the bucket on a shelf outside the coop and having the pvc elbow go through a hole in the wall into the coop.

Obviously this makes the height quite permanent!

Back
Top Bottom