Making a feather pillow

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't kill a duck so that is my only choice. I can wait and they aren't dirty at all. Besides, in two months I've got 3 large ziplocks full of dry clean fluffy feathers.

Thats cool! Can you pull a few every now and then off on a duck?

Oh my goodness no, that would be like pulling a hair out of a human....it would hurt! YEOUCH! lol I would never intentionally hurt my ducks! They are house pets...I don't see them as "food" or "clothing"...they are indoor pets...much like a dog or cat to others.

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't kill a duck so that is my only choice. I can wait and they aren't dirty at all. Besides, in two months I've got 3 large ziplocks full of dry clean fluffy feathers.

You'll probably need like 25 ziplock bags to make even a small pillow.

Eh, I'm with you LemonDoodles...I'll wait the year to collect enough for a small pillow. The less blood spilled...the better.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thats cool! Can you pull a few every now and then off on a duck?

Oh my goodness no, that would be like pulling a hair out of a human....it would hurt! YEOUCH! lol I would never intentionally hurt my ducks! They are house pets...I don't see them as "food" or "clothing"...they are indoor pets...much like a dog or cat to others.

Thats what I thought, but I heard from someone thats the way to go? (not on this thread)

I hope I didnt make anyone upset by saying im "slaughtering" some ducks next spring
hide.gif

Quote:

Thats what I thought, but I heard from someone thats the way to go? (not on this thread)

I hope I didnt make anyone upset by saying im "slaughtering" some ducks next spring
hide.gif

OMG, I personally think that's pretty inhumane...ripping a ducks feathers out while alive? Sounds like torture.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:

hide.gif

OMG, I personally think that's pretty inhumane...ripping a ducks feathers out while alive? Sounds like torture.
sickbyc.gif

Thats why im not. And I would think it is
sickbyc.gif

I don't think she meant ripping them all off, just plucking one here and there.

I personally am not upset by you butchering ducks this spring, I myself am doing a bunch probably this weekend.

Quote:
Well, to each their own said the lady who kissed the cow....however, it is my personal belief that plucking one here or there would hurt the duck as well. I wouldn't want someone coming up to me once a day and plucking a hair. Happy Slaughtering.
hmm.png

....... Can you collect the dirty ones off the ground and wash them? When my duck was molting she had white feathers everywhere. When they molt I could do thar maybe.......?

Quote:
I believe this is what LemonDoodles is doing.

Yay! I just watched a down feather fall off my khaki campbell drake! I have a feather! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom