Making the most of it.

C
Im just a small town girl. (Now who read that to the tune of don't stop believing??! Lol) no but seriously, a small town girl living an extraordinary life with four boy children (6-16) two dogs Oly Girl (pit bull) and Rocco ( chimixedmutt) and my two very lazy tortoises and my beloved 8 pullets and 1 cockerel.

Here is where my story begins... After the birth of my last child, I got hit hard with failing health and depression... An abusive work environment and felt hopeless lost and sick... But enough of that... Cause that is not my focus!!!!

Let's forward the clock six years.... 4 doctors later... Walking out of my job and for the first time in my life being put in the position of stay at home mom, friend and animal keeper.
This is the beginning of my new and improved life. With every struggle grows appreciation and finally at the age of 38 years old I know what I want to be when I grow up.

I desire the farm life. My dream is to have a small plot to house my entire family of seven and all my precious animals with the addition of goats and gardens... Needless to say I am far from that.... But the changes I have made in my life have brought me happiness and better health (not healed but feel oh solo better).
This was the year that my boyfriend and I decided upon our chickens. We created a coop out of scrap wood (with zero carpentry skill between the two of us) lol and retrained our dogs to accept and protect our free ranging/freeloading back yard suburban flock. This has truly been the best thing that has happened to us a family. Next step in all this is working out a compost heap so I can start learning about gardening come spring!!!

This year has been quite the adventure-- new and improved doctors. Procedures that scare the day light out of me. Smiling and getting out of bed everyday!!!!! And the start of planning a fun filled back yard wedding for my boyfriend in I in the next few weeks. Lots to be grateful for, lots to look forward too and lots to learn!!! Have a great day!!! Until next time... Egg total so far is two.. First one yesterday and a tiny one this morning... Off to rake the yard!!!!

Congrats to your new life!!!!
1f3b6.png
1f414.png

Another beautiful morning in the great northwest!!!! The sun is shining through my window begging me to start my day... Soon enough. Having a rough spell this morning but I will over come. I have a few things on my wish to do list today. Decided on naming the coop Pretty Girl Eggery. Time to get out my paints and let the creative juices flow. For years I was the only girl, mamma hen, so to speak, in this family of boys. 4 boys a boyfriend and his brother. 7 years ago, my soon to be brother in law got the cutest and greatest puppy for the family... A princess for the queen... This is how we got Oly girl. She is the pup of one of devins (my fiancé) dogs that he had to part with. Being the only other girl, all of us would just call her pretty girl... And we found as we got our pullets that followed true for them as well.... So pretty girl Eggery has come to light as I stare out the window of my silly looking coop. I am also contemplating wether or not to build a frame around my compost heap that my girls love to stretch through and scatter. It's not in the best location but our yard isn't huge. But still wondering if it were in a frame that it wouldn't be to much of an eye sore when we have people over in a couple weeks to exchange vows... We aren't going for fancy, just fun. This will be both of ours second marriage so no need to splurge. Lots to think about, lots to do and no money to get it done. Small steps everyone!!!! Better to get one thing done than none at all!!!!!

Today did not end up the way I wanted it too... After all that time waiting for Ethel to lay an egg, she never did and I don't know why she stayed in the nesting boxes so long. Found out my doctor I finally found and love left the practice for a different one... So all the time I was going to spend on the coop ended up being time tracking her down and changing my insurance to make sure I see her for my health issues.... Also got talked into meeting what I thought was a girl and her mother one of the boys knew at a park for a good supervised visit.... Find out they drove 2hourrs to get down here to meet my boy... Today was too much but tomorrow is a new and fresh start!!!! Doctors first thing in the morning then getting picked up for a much needed get away with my mil.... I need a break bad!!!! Until next time!!!!! Hopefully things will get done... Whos got the number for the local pizza joint,I'm done.

Last edited:
The suburban has a flat.... Must have driven over a screw yesterday... Thank god for moms and being able to pick me up and drive me to the doctors last minute
1f60d.png
. Quite an overcast day today. Maybe it won't be so hot and I can get one project done today. Fingers crossed!!!!!!! Off to the docs. Have a great day today!!!!

Back
Top Bottom