Making the most of it.

Morning all. Quail eggs are in lock down.
Good luck on the hatch!

David Rose Q13 Fox News
Like Page​
3 hrs ·
Troy Rayment who is wanted for setting fire to a Lacey area home in a fit of jealous rage escaped a massive manhunt yesterday. The U.S. Marshals, WSP, Lacey police and 3 separate K9 units were looking for him in tangle wild luntil 7pm last night. After being recognized by a tipster, Lacey officers made contact but Rayment wouldn't get out of the vehicle. As the Lacey officer waited for backup he threw a spike strip behind the vehicle. When other officers got there, Rayment took off blowing out the tires. As he was fleeing Lacey fired at the truck with pepper balls, breaking out a window. Rayment fled in the vehicle until the tires came off and he was riding on the rims. Lacey has a no pursuit policy so Rayment got away but lost control of his vehicle at the corner by Day n Night grocery. He fled on foot and a k9 track was started. The WSP plane was put in the air. While being tracked He burglarized a house and stole clothes changing his appearance, shaved his facial hair off and stole the victims phone. The home owner came home (interrupted burg) and he was off running again. Police ultimately believe he called someone to pick him up. He is still at large. If you know where officers can find him, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS and collect the cash reward of up to $1,000. Washington's Most WantedCrime Stoppers of Olympia/Thurston County

LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

Comments

12933088_10204234440140817_183731185693183529_n.jpg

This is what was going on yesterday on our street.......

Wait - are you a McFarland?
Now that that's out of the way - yikes! I can sympathize, we have an absolute nutter across the road from us so this kind of stuff goes on now and then (and we ARE in the country)

Blackened meat seems to be all the rage at restaurants anymore (though for the life of me I don't know why) ; all he'd be doing is eliminating part of the work by serving naturally black chicken.

Never been a fan of the food fads that go 'round -- at least they are getting away from the stupid foams and gelees.
Ortho makes fertilizer. You trying to make him grow faster?

Just get him to stand in the yard & water him once in a while...he'll grow.

Toss out a bar of soap and you can kill two birds with one stone, lol.

Had planned to spend some good time online tonight, not sure I'll make it now - all the energy I've put into trying to be warm the last couple of days leaves me lacking a bit I guess. Had a GREAT first week at the new job - think I'm really going to like it. Just my kind of place, a small group of folks to work with (I'm #6 in the office), all folks with personalities I mesh with very well and they have all been very welcoming and supportive. Spent some time out on the actual floor part of yesterday and today - just observing at this point but I think they're planning to throw me off into the deep end next week (
ep.gif
) -- hope I don't manage to muck anything up too badly, lol.

Had planned to spend some good time online tonight, not sure I'll make it now - all the energy I've put into trying to be warm the last couple of days leaves me lacking a bit I guess. Had a GREAT first week at the new job - think I'm really going to like it. Just my kind of place, a small group of folks to work with (I'm #6 in the office), all folks with personalities I mesh with very well and they have all been very welcoming and supportive. Spent some time out on the actual floor part of yesterday and today - just observing at this point but I think they're planning to throw me off into the deep end next week (
ep.gif
) -- hope I don't manage to muck anything up too badly, lol.

Congrats on a great first week, Mare! I'm sure you'll do great next week as well. Get some rest and recharge your batteries.

Morning all. I've been checking in now and then, but haven't had a lot of time to post. Old Grey, Congrats! I am currently job searching. Working for a bank now. This year they thought it would be awesome to implement a mandatory 6 day work week:th. They also push sales really hard and set impossible goals on having to open so many accounts per month.

On week 4 or 5 battling bronchitus and sinus infection. Started new meds yesterday. Hoping to get well soon. So sore from coughing my guts out. Good news is I only missed 2 days of work. Haven't had coverage to be able to call out.

Had planned to spend some good time online tonight, not sure I'll make it now - all the energy I've put into trying to be warm the last couple of days leaves me lacking a bit I guess. Had a GREAT first week at the new job - think I'm really going to like it. Just my kind of place, a small group of folks to work with (I'm #6 in the office), all folks with personalities I mesh with very well and they have all been very welcoming and supportive. Spent some time out on the actual floor part of yesterday and today - just observing at this point but I think they're planning to throw me off into the deep end next week -- hope I don't manage to muck anything up too badly, lol.
Good News!!

What is it you're doing?

Morning all. I've been checking in now and then, but haven't had a lot of time to post. Old Grey, Congrats! I am currently job searching. Working for a bank now. This year they thought it would be awesome to implement a mandatory 6 day work week:th. They also push sales really hard and set impossible goals on having to open so many accounts per month.

On week 4 or 5 battling bronchitus and sinus infection. Started new meds yesterday. Hoping to get well soon. So sore from coughing my guts out. Good news is I only missed 2 days of work. Haven't had coverage to be able to call out.
Your health is more important than any employer's bottom line! If you dropped dead today, there'd be someone else at your desk tomorrow.

Your health is more important than any employer's bottom line! If you dropped dead today, there'd be someone else at your desk tomorrow.
Absolutely - that was the realization that finally gave me the push I needed to quit my previous job. It wasn't physical health, but mental health, that was suffering for me and I finally just had enough.

Good News!!

What is it you're doing?
I work at the dreaded BMV
hide.gif

That sort of change is what finally gave me the push to leave my previous job -- we had a change in management, some major changes to pretty much everything and it was becoming a horrible, miserable place to work -- I finally just couldn't take it anymore (several other long-time employees fled before I did). I know it's only been a week and it's easy to have a rosy view of things this early in, but so far everything about the new job feels like what the other place used to be - from the way the employees relate to each other, feeling like I have TONS of support from my supervisor and actually enjoying the work I do again.....those things make a world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom