Malays in Winter

The seller just volunteered that the cock likely isn’t a pure Malay but instead probably has aseel in it and that the birds were bred by a private individual and does not warrant the purity. I didn’t press them on any of that, so either they’re reading this thread or they’re just being very honest. So our suspicions are confirmed they aren’t pure Malay. I’ve still asked for more pics to confirm whether they might be a good pick for my project.
The flatness of the back, had me thinking Aseel cross.

The Indian Malays, aren't exactly an established breed, so I get variation between each individual.

My newest cockerel has a flat back, & a tail more more like an Aseel breed. But tail set is alittle high.
20221128_111658.jpg

Since it's mostly temperament/character you're after, i say it doesn't really matter if the chicks are malay or aseel, and as @MysteryChicken said, it's basically the same thing

You can ask the seller for their character, they seem to be honest, but don't take their word for granted until you have visual proof

Unfortunately, temperament is not something you can easily see online

Some good photos of the parents would definitely be useful

I am going to pass. Lots of questions for the long trip. I’d roll the dice on local birds but its too far and my gut says to let it go.
If there's one thing I've learned in my years of keeping animals is to always trust your gut

Is there any chance the seller sent some better photos of the parent birds? I am now invested in seeing how that hen actually looks🤣🤣🤣

They did not.
Oh well🤣

I hope you find the birds you're looking for, and when you do, or if you want help, you can make another thread about it, I am never bored of looking at aseels/malays and aseel types, and would love to help and observe the progress of you breeding project! I think @MysteryChicken would agree, we need more aseel (as a general term) threads!

Oh well🤣

I hope you find the birds you're looking for, and when you do, or if you want help, you can make another thread about it, I am never bored of looking at aseels/malays and aseel types, and would love to help and observe the progress of you breeding project! I think @MysteryChicken would agree, we need more aseel (as a general term) threads!
Yes, more Oriental Gamefowl threads in general.

Back
Top Bottom