Male Muscovy disappeared?

Miss Cheep

Songster
Aug 6, 2021
WA state
Hi! I have two questions.
1. A male muscovy duck and just disappeared without a trace. He can fly, but he has water and everything a duck could want. If he is gone, there is no trace of a struggle. What could have happened to him?

2. About a month ago, one of our female muscovies disappeared. We think she was broody and possibly gone to the neighbors house, but we have seen no sign of her in over 35 days. If she is gone, there is no feathers suggesting an attack or anything. Did she fly away because she was unhappy? Or is she gone...? I've raised this duck since she was a baby, and we have a pond and her other siblings here.

For question 1 I'm asking for a friend, unrelated to the duck in question 2.
Thanks!

I’m sorry the drake and duck have disappeared . Muscovy can fly really well and love to fly so they may have took off flying and landed away from their homes. Do you have any body of water close by they maybe there. One year one of my young Muscovy drakes 6 mos. Was being chased by his dad and he took off towards the river down below us. I was worried sick he got all the way to the River and was carried away but he landed on the land above the river so I was able to walk him home. He got a wing clipped after that. If you have water near by I’d check there or ask around neighbors may have seen them.

Back
Top Bottom