male or female muscovy

meshellrose

Songster
9 Years
Aug 15, 2010
Arkansas

this one I am not sure about..they are 6 months old and the other one is sitting on a clutch of eggs

this is the one setting on eggs....they seem to be about the same size. the one in top picture has a redder face, the bottom one has a light pink face

this one I am not sure about..they are 6 months old and the other one is sitting on a clutch of eggs

this is the one setting on eggs....they seem to be about the same size. the one in top picture has a redder face, the bottom one has a light pink face
One in the top photo looks like a girl too, the reason the one on the bottom is paler is because she is sitting and not laying, once she has hatched and raised her brood and gone back to laying she red up in the face again. Both very pretty. Can you get a full face pic of the top one?

this is as good as I could get of it. this one has always been more nervous of people..the other will walk right up to you and want to be picked up.

this is as good as I could get of it. this one has always been more nervous of people..the other will walk right up to you and want to be picked up.
Looks like a girl to me, how about legs look at both ducks if a drake his legs will be alot thicker than a ducks but if they are the same age then I'd say duck, so you don't know if she is laying?

Yeah looks like a girl, overall petite frame... does she quack? if it's a male they only hiss and by 6mths that is all you would hear from a drake.. mine hiss and hiss and hiss all the time lol

there is one nest and the one is setting on it. the one I know is a female makes weird noises, they don't quack. the other one really doesn't make any noise at all

there is one nest and the one is setting on it. the one I know is a female makes weird noises, they don't quack. the other one really doesn't make any noise at all

Like a trilling or a cooing? they don't always quack unless distressed or in the case of my dusty because she is a crab.
tongue.gif

yeah a trilling is what the female does, especially when she wants hubby to feed her, the other I dunno. I'll have to ask hubby. they like him..lol

yeah a trilling is what the female does, especially when she wants hubby to feed her, the other I dunno. I'll have to ask hubby. they like him..lol

LOL.. the females have quite a varied range of sounds whereas the boys when mature have the hissing, you get used to it but it's like having a bunch of angry cats around.

lol..I guess they are both girls. I'm gonna try to get fertile eggs for her since she's setting. Had to do same for my crazy chicken...lol

Back
Top Bottom