MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

a question for old timers. Who knows the laws. Swedish ducks or protected by state and federal laws on a government watch list on endangered animals. These goes with any endanger animal. But my question is does these go for there eggs also. The gas company was out a few weeks ago. Without or permission they where messing around with meter. I am not sure if these is affecting my eggs. I will get a lock some how to lock it up . But how do you protect these animals from government employees or anyone who wants to hurt them. I no how to protect them from animal predators . But people it's harder The eggs our Swedish and mallard mixes

Im sorry for your trouble. :(. I know that you can call and say that they had no right to enter your property and file a complaint, but I'm not sure if you can sue them.

Last edited:
a question for old timers. Who knows the laws. Swedish ducks or protected by state and federal laws on a government watch list on endangered animals. These goes with any endanger animal. But my question is does these go for there eggs also. The gas company was out a few weeks ago. Without or permission they where messing around with meter. I am not sure if these is affecting my eggs. I will get a lock some how to lock it up . But how do you protect these animals from government employees or anyone who wants to hurt them. I no how to protect them from animal predators . But people it's harder The eggs our Swedish and mallard mixes

Gas and electric companies retain the right to enter your property and inspect their meters at any given time. Even though the meters are in private yards, they are still property of the company, and you cannot prevent them from coming and checking on them. They need to maintain their equipment for your own safety and security. Locking them out would probably result in them getting the law involved, and that could get ugly.

That being said, there is nothing unreasonable about you calling the gas company and ask that you be given notice before someone comes on to your property. They would probably understand if you tell them you have loose birds in the area that would like to secure before they arrive. I'm sure they will this situation with people who have loose dogs in their yards, so I wouldn't think this situation would be much different.

Swedish ducks are not federally protected by law for the fact that they are a uncommon breed, nor is any domestic duck. They are just breeds created by people. They aren't an endangered species; that only applies to wildlife. If poodles were to suddenly die out and leave only a few hundred, the law would not step in to protect them; they are a man made breed. Swedish ducks are an uncommon breed that is on the watch list, but the law has nothing to do with maintaining their numbers. That role lies with duck breeders and enthusiasts.

What the law WILL protect is native wild birds, like mallards and Canadian geese, and personal property. The ducks in your yard are protected by law as they are your personal property, and as long as they are tagged or in your yard, they should be covered. However, like I said before, just because you have ducks in your yard doesn't mean gas and electric companies can't come to inspect their property. It's a tricky situation, and I would encourage you to call your gas company and see if you can't work out some kind of agreement.

Last edited:
They do that. My rabbit got pregnant why I was in hospital we didn't know tell baby kits came one day. And another letter before we relized it a month later. And a false pregnecy the next month. So yes timing I do understand in birdy duck it's all the time. You will get used to it.

We called them they don't care about people and private property. We just have to get a lock. They will not come when my partner not working and he will lose his job if he doesn't go to work.

Good news is got two locks the third is on the way soon. Bad news is my son got sick again and it through everything into a panic. The rabbits got out the hen got out. And he accidentally put tricky in the wrong cage. Needless to say I have another hen in sick bay. I can't win. I need to get the duck eggs out of the coop so I can put my drake back with the girls. So I can move my middle ducks . To the pen where eithen is. So I can move the baby ducks where middle ducks our. So my baby's coming Monday have the baby coop. It's not working.

I think I want to research the endanger listings. And look intwo that envirment and life style. And choose a ducks turkeys and chicken from list.

Babies!!!

First batch of the year from my black mallard female and one of my normal mallard males !!!

I have 2 grey(Normal) mallards and 2 black babies :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom