MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

He's eclipsing...

I knew this comment would come lol. But nope he is not. First of all the picture is taken some days ago, and right now there is winter in sweden and that means that the wild birds are not changing feathers. Ducks have their most perfect feathers in the winter and this is not his eclipse feathers.
Another thing is that wild colored mallard males have orange/yellow beaks.
Another example on a intersex mallard:
http://www.siung.net/bird/tmp2/bird/intersex-mallard-vancouver_files/male_femalemallard01.jpg

Ive owned a intersex Rouen myself :)

Last edited:
Ducks are round. Why? To drive me crazy.

We do love to make you crazy with their cute round bodies and cute webbed feet
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
you melt...Like Budda....

But can u really call it intersex if you haven't seen it lay eggs and clearly have a penis?

Good questions. I found this:
"I won't go in to much detail about what intersex means (mainly because I am not competent to do so) but with birds (and presumably many other life-forms) it's basically when a female bird begins to develop male features. I understand that this effects the genitalia but it is visibly manifest through changes in the bird's external appearance.

It seems that the majority of the bird's plumage will change (assuming the species is sexually dimorphic) before the bare parts change, so a significant clue to the fact that we are dealing with an intersex is plumage that has clear male traits while the bill remains female-like, such as with the Mallards shown here."

Source:

http://birdhybrids.blogspot.se/2015/01/intersex-birds-and-their-confusion-with.html

Daniel he is just eclipsing
1f602.png
1f602.png

Nvm I just saw u replied to this.

But can u really call it intersex if you haven't seen it lay eggs and clearly have a penis?

Well the orange bill makes it tricky! But I am pretty sure it's not possible for a duck to lay eggs and have a penis

That was my point ;) , until proven wrong by Daniel lol

Back
Top Bottom