Malware Central!

Are you using the mobile version of the site in your browser (which one) or are you using an app (which one)?

The mobile version on Chrome. My phone an Android. Normally I don't have issues with the page but other times it takes forever to load. That could possibly be an issue with my wifi too, we're not sure, but it could be both because sometimes I do think it's the site cause sometimes other pages will load and not this one but then it usually starts working again, jist slow to catch up I guess. Sometimes if I turn it on data or leave and come back it works better. Weird. But thankfully, knock on wood, I haven't had the pop ups or slow loading issues in a few days!

I haven't seen any pop-ups (aside from an occasional notice from my AV stating it blocked something called "vid.f15.us.va.adhigh.net"). I did manage to solve the problem stated on my original post though. Simple really, I just set Chrome to block all third party cookies. Third party, of course meaning anybody that is not me or BYC actual.

Now instead of my anti-spyware program having to clear my computer of over 500 adware spybots, it doesn't find any. Zero, nada, zilch. And BYC moves along at the same speed regardless of how many pages I have visited.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
well after 2 days of this forum working SUPER well, tonight it has crashed about 10 times (Flash) and now malware bytes keeps telling me it blocked malicious content from Adhigh or somesuch

well after 2 days of this forum working SUPER well, tonight it has crashed about 10 times (Flash) and now malware bytes keeps telling me it blocked malicious content from Adhigh or somesuch

I think thats the one mine blocked too but haven't had issues in a bit

Wow! Who knew? I've never seen an ad on BYC because I use Firefox with "No Script" on my Mac. It trots ahead and sweeps all pop-ups and ads out of my path. All I see are the forums.

But now I know why sometimes it takes a bit of time to download a page.

I wasn't having pop ups but there were massive ads down the side of the pages a few days ago where it's normally blue. They were bright red and white, but I can't recall what the ad was for. It was so slow and the pages continued to crash. It's still really slow and lagging terribly but when I use the mobile version it works great. I will say it's working better than a few days ago but not by a huge amount.

FlyWheel
I recently joined the forum have made a few posts, and have been here several times to read posts. I have had 0 popups and the pages load very quickly. My machine is 12 years old, and I am still running XP. I'm far from being an expert, but from reading your post i SUSPECT that you might not be getting the best security protection / popup avoidance. Some of your traffic might be outgoing - have you cleaned your drive(s) of cookies lately? Do you have a decent firewall?- the ones that come bundled with most versions of windows are garbage.

I use Zonealarm F.W, NoScript, Spybot, MWB, and Avira [ ALL FREE VERSIONS - and yes they all play nice together for me ] as my main defense. If you decide to try any of these get them from the source - NEVER NEVER from CNET, PCMag, or ANY other second party source, as those versions come loaded with bloatware which can add to your problems. If you haven't done so lately, I would update MWB and run it manually before doing anything else. CC Cleaner does a fair job of removing file fragments, but not much else.
I hope this helps - remember I'm NO expert, but have felt your pain, and worse and have tried to find solutions.
Pete

Last edited:
after a trouble free week the last two days been hell. Between type lag and malware and crashing it makes not want to come here. My malware bytes and Defender blast a malware or serious Trojan alert at least twice a day. Site crashes at least once an hour. Type lag varies from none to insane This took me 28 min to type. I have windows 8.1

Last edited:
It's odd that we're not getting a flood or messages from other visitors about this problem. Usually if there's an issue that is site-wide, we get a ton of messages.

We're still looking into it, but having a hard time duplicating it.

Back
Top Bottom