Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Gosh, nice job and I can see that you put a lot of time and thought into it! Thank you! But I decided this thread works because it's kinda like "No drinkin' allowed we get a nice quiet crowd, plain as it can be....." Yeah, like that!
lau.gif

I was worried about my little guys/girls but they are all under now. Crossing my fingers that tomorrow i hAve happ healthy chicks. I had to come up with a new plan cuz instead of 5 chicks I now have 15. This is my big girls old coop that I was going to take down but that will wait. This coop is in the big girl run.

I was worried about my little guys/girls but they are all under now. Crossing my fingers that tomorrow i hAve happ healthy chicks. I had to come up with a new plan cuz instead of 5 chicks I now have 15. This is my big girls old coop that I was going to take down but that will wait. This coop is in the big girl run.

My before and after pics

I think it was someone in this thread that had the cute blue walk in coop that i liked? Would you mind reposting it? Maybe it was a different thread but i think it was this one. I am trying to go bsck and find it but of course now I lost it. Told my dad last week and wanted to show him.

So... our first chicks are en route and scheduled to arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I'm so excited (and nervous)! I think I have everything set up and ready. We're brooding them in the coop. We live in West Central Florida and the temperatures at night have been around 60 (except for yesterday). What do you think? Anything I'm missing? Does it look right? We have 15 chicks coming and I'm using one 12x24 sunbeam pad.

Remembered to search pictures not posts and found it mucb faster and it white and green and NOT blue. I think i am losing my mind :lol:

There was an old tv commercial for some pizza delivery place(can't remember which one), had a tiny girl smiling and dancing and screeching pizza's comin', pizza's comin' over and over... ....then her dad asks her what's for dinner and she deadpans, 'chicken!' I'm feeling like that little girl but thinking chickies comin', chickies comin', chickies comin', chickies comin'... cause they are, tomorrow at the mill. Hope my bator chicks start pippin' soon..chickies pippin', chickies pippin'!!!! Ok, now y'all know, I can get silly.
:weee. So exciting can't wait to see the pics!
HA! I suspected as much all the time!! :clap I remember that little girl, but I thought it was on AFV. I used to have to sit through hours of that stoopid show because the kids loved it. Now, that said, I won't deny that there were bits on there that made me laugh so hard I cried down my leg, but most of it was just guys getting hit. Um yeah! So @aart , you are picking up chicks anbd hatching others? I thought I remembered the hatching but don't know if I knew about tomorrow.....old age and no cigarettes here so the brain is on low power. Welcome to those of you new to the Broody Brigade! Dues are photos of your chicks and your set-up, just so those of us who don't have chicks yet can get our chick-fix! I got a nice message from Patrice Lopatin. Actually she posted it on my YouTube a few days ago but I didn't see it until this afternoon. She was just letting me know that Sunbeam now carries a large heating pad that doesn't have the auto shut-off at all. I think we figured that out already (and @henless has the one that also turns itself back on after a power outage) but it was awfully nice to hear from Ms. Lopatin. For those of you who didn't read that part, her video of her chicks outside in a greenhouse/brooder spurred me into this whole world of heating pad brooding. I replied to her message today and told her she now has an entire "cult" right here on BYC. She and @Beekissed were the total inspiration for me first trying this. My own chicks, and the experiences you guys are having, are why I'll never EVER go back to a heat lamp!
:hugs wow great you and Patrice are in contact, tell her to stop in one day.
My silly is often rather skewed tho... I have egg in bator (tomorrow is day 21) and getting chicks from mill too....I timed my bator set to match with mills Tuesdays chick deliveries... .....just hoping they are not more than a few days apart.
How exciting and wishing you a good hatch. Any pips?

Back
Top Bottom