Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Quote: EVERYTHING is good when cooked in bacon fat...hahaha!
Yeah, I found that out. If you want delicate, sweeter greens pick them when young. Older greens are more like collards, best with bacon as noted.

Quote: +1 on that. I've seen raccoons, possums, weasels, all kinds of rodentia during daytime hours.

Last edited:
Yeah, I found that out. If you want delicate, sweeter greens pick them when young. Older greens are more like collards, best with bacon as noted.

+1 on that. I've seen raccoons, possums, weasels, all kinds of rodentia during daytime hours.

I suppose... why would a predator first, go into a pen with a rooster, and then leave the chick? And again, it was clearly a puncture rather than a bite. Trust me, I don't want to deal with a murderous older bird so I'd almost rather it was a predator, but it doesn't seem like it fits the scenario.

Quote: It's hard to say what killed it......could very well have been a flock member.....you'd have to spend some time observing closely in order to tell for sure.
If it was trapped, then that shows you a place you need to remedy....and maybe set more non-deadend places for them to hide.

More chicks for the momma heating pad.
Ditto what Blooie said - so cute! I love that second picture especially.
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom