Manitoba Members

HI there, well I've almost survived my first Manitoban winter with my hens! How have other folks done? The girls have done so well (in my somewhat heated shed) and have been laying almost daily since the beginning of January! I have three hens and want to increase my little flock this Spring. Does anyone in MB know where I can source hens? I got my three from the poultry auction in Beausejour last year. I also keep my eyes open on Kijiji. Bergs is no good for me as I only want single hens/pullets. I'm looking for a Buff Orpington. Thanks in advance!
frow.gif

Hi,
I originally posted this on "NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS" Forum as well as the "MANAGING YOUR FLOCK" Forum

Hopefully I am now on the Manitoba site.

We are new to BYC. We are in the Anola, Manitoba area in Canada. I have our poultry barn 80% completed and we are getting ready to get the birds. We are hoping to acquire the following pullets: Ameraucana – Easter Egger, Black Copper Maran, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Lakenvelder, Black Star, Red Star, Rhode Island Red, and a: Welsummer Rooster Love to hear from anyone who may know where to find them.

Hi,
I originally posted this on "NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS" Forum as well as the "MANAGING YOUR FLOCK" Forum

Hopefully I am now on the Manitoba site.

We are new to BYC.   We are in the Anola, Manitoba area in Canada.   I have our poultry barn 80% completed and we are getting ready to get the birds.   We are hoping to acquire the following pullets: Ameraucana – Easter Egger, Black Copper Maran, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Lakenvelder, Black Star, Red  Star, Rhode Island Red, and a:  Welsummer Rooster   Love to hear from anyone who may know where to find them.

Welcome. Good luck finding the breeds you are looking for. You have picked some nice breeds.

Have you talked to Tara McKean at 10 Acre Woods? They are 4km East of Anola on 115. She's hatching eggs for us. She has Marans, Columbian Rocks and Polish and lots of others, and Pekin Ducks.
Also Peter at Ridgeland Colony 7 miles South of Anola raises Plymouth Barred Rocks.
Also check kijiji under Livestock in Winnipeg. Lots of different chicks available around Steinbach

Hi there,
I'm just north of Anola and know some people who have some easter eggers. I have barred rock and silkies, some rouen ducks and ordered heritage turkeys:)

Back
Top Bottom