Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Yeah....you and me both sister!
wink.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah....you and me both sister!
wink.png
big_smile.png

It's the only skill I have - I'm a really good rooster hatcher!!
thumbsup.gif

I have a problem, (My name is Tannis and I am a Maransoholic) Do they have meetings for this? I am getting ready to add more pens inside of my chicken coop. I currently have 2 5x8 inside 12x8 outside pens and a 8x8 inside 12x16 outside pen. I have 13'x5' more feet of space to fill, but only have room for a 6x12 pen outside to go along with it. I was thinking of making 2 5x3 pens with no outside run for chicks that are to little go outside or breeding, then a 7'x5' inside pen to go with the 6x12 pen. I am just not sure as I get more into breeding what will be more useful. How would you this space and why?

46277_coop_021.jpg

46277_coop_016.jpg

Hi Tannis,

I think you are at the 12 step place, but, it DOESN'T WORK!!
lau.gif
If I were you, I'd go with the chick pens, sounds like a good idea to me.

i have presley (budy henery) and davis pure birds and i have a mix of davis/presley and a dash of teasdale and egg color is the worst thing for me to describe i am so bad at it .i always guess under but il show a pic but pictures of egg are never right that i take
20346_mvc00062.jpg

i started out with just a very few birds from pure lines ..wheaten marans are non existant in west virginia and iwent to a swap and sold all the hens i had to sell and 4 roo
i am trying so introiduce them to people who will never want to get on a computer in a chat room but just love the wheatens .. now back to egg color lol i think egg color is nice i think thats all i should say untill i hit a few more egg shows ,but the eggs are what the great ,wonderful respected breeders sold a year and a half ago,my flock is closed now and i have my first generation laying and hatching second generation in a few weeks ,,egg color andgetting the darker and lighter colors ballanced is my plan

Quote:

Hi everyone
I am very very new to this breed. I will soon have some wheaten marans. I was wondering when they hatch. How can i tell the difference between the males from the females. ?

Hi Tannis

This is where "enablers" hang out think you're on the way to joining us. I really like your set up and the more little pens the better for single mating and I made a bachelor pad away from everybody so they don't fight as much poor guys they hang out there until I need them or butcher them...I use horse stalls for little ones and been using those for grow up pens. I really like the way yours looks
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Tannis:
old.gif
I can help you... Just send you birds to me.... Out of sight out of mind....Admission is the first step.......

P.S. Where is the next meeting?

lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom