Marans

HenryandSally

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Hello everyone,

Can anyone steer me in the right direction...I am looking for some Black Copper Marans fertile hatching eggs. I am in upstate New York and I travel between Binghamton and Norwich daily. What is the success rate for ordering from online sites?

I don't currently sell hatching eggs but maybe asking on the Marans thread and the Black Copper Marans thread. I know some people on there do. Usually with shipped eggs you get about a 50% hatch rate. With Marans eggs you want to do a dry hatch vs regular amt of humidity which you can do a search on byc to learn more about. You may get a better or worse hatch rate with shipped eggs because it just depends on so many different factors. I know that I have more success with shipped eggs if it is a cooler time of the year and if they spend less time on a truck. So I might have better luck with say eggs shipped from the West Coast (I live on the East Coast) vs ones that were driven all across my own state. I live near a major airport too so that probably factors in too.

Thank you, I was hoping to find some one near the Binghamton New York area.....I feel the same way about handling; the less handling, the better the results.

Back
Top Bottom