March 2017! Hatch with us!

I am new to the is page and can't find where to make a new post so I hope someone sees this and helps. My first attempt at hatching has been a success. So far so good. I have 16 eggs in my incubator. So far 7 have hatched the rest are trying. My temp and humidity have been on point during the entire process. I did notice however that once the 4th chick hatched my humidity has shot up to 82%. Is this going to harm my babies if so how would you lower it? Thanks in advance.

My humidity has shot up to 100% during a hatch. It's normal for humidity to rise with all those chicks. It won't harm them, but it can make it take longer for them to dry.

What I like to do is to take advantage of the high humidity to quickly scoop out the hatched chicks and move them to a warm brooder. The humidity in the incubator will drop, but if you are quick it will not drop so much that it will harm any potentially pipped eggs, I find.

This is an individual decision, of course. I'm just letting you know my own experience/methods.

:)

Welcome, and congratulations!
smile.png

I am new to the is page and can't find where to make a new post so I hope someone sees this and helps. My first attempt at hatching has been a success. So far so good. I have 16 eggs in my incubator. So far 7 have hatched the rest are trying. My temp and humidity have been on point during the entire process. I did notice however that once the 4th chick hatched my humidity has shot up to 82%. Is this going to harm my babies if so how would you lower it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just a quick question. Should I rely on how the air sacs of my eggs look or should I go by weight, which one is more reliable?

They should be corollary, but if you have been keeping accurate weight measurements all along, that's a very good indicator. Both weight and air cell development should point to the same thing though. I tend to rely more on air cell development.

Welcome!! :frow
Replying depends on whether you use desktop or mobile. Both, though, have a little quotation mark sign. Desktop says, "quote and reply." Then a text box will open at the bottom of your screen, and you can just type below the quoted text. Glad to have you on board!!

Back
Top Bottom