11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this egg on the side of the road next to my neighbors house and decided to incubate it. It is growing but I’m not sure what it is... any guesses? About the size of a turkey egg but more rounded.
Ps- I live in the pnw.

Could be a goose egg. If it's a wild goose, be ready to hand it off to a wildlife rehabber when it hatches, because it's illegal to keep/raise them if you're not a rehabber :)

Could be a goose egg. If it's a wild goose, be ready to hand it off to a wildlife rehabber when it hatches, because it's illegal to keep/raise them if you're not a rehabber :)
Thanks!

Goose eggs do not hatch well? Maybe ones found on the side of the road do better

here are my guesse: duck, peafowl or maybe something else. I think it’s too small to be a goose egg.

Here it is next to 2 turkey eggs

Attachments

• EA59CD93-6F9D-41D3-95AF-1B3F22BBEF89.jpeg
    EA59CD93-6F9D-41D3-95AF-1B3F22BBEF89.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
here are my guesse: duck, peafowl or maybe something else. I think it’s too small to be a goose egg.

Here it is next to 2 turkey eggs

Could be duck. The same rules will apply if it's a wild duck egg, too, gotta go to a rehabber.

If it's domestic breed though you for sure can keep it, you'll just have to get it a friend.

Does it have a kind of smooth, waxy surface?

omgggg I didn't know this was a thing....I didn't plan to run my incubator again after this batch until it gets a little warmer out [I have some due to hatch on 2/19]

Guess I need to find some more eggs now. Darn, my husband can't blame me since this is like a chicken lover holiday right?

omgggg I didn't know this was a thing....I didn't plan to run my incubator again after this batch until it gets a little warmer out [I have some due to hatch on 2/19]

Guess I need to find some more eggs now. Darn, my husband can't blame me since this is like a chicken lover holiday right?
This years hatch a long is about to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom