March 2017! Hatch with us!

Please meet number 8.

so great!! Congratulations!! :clap

All the rest of the poults were dead without pipping internally, malpositioned. One was completely upside down. I definitely had a humidity problem. So, just the one poult. Hopefully my silkie will do better with her hatch. I feel awful. :-(
So sorry Mylied!! My fingers are crossed for your broody silkie!!

So, I have a nearly full incubator with my LF eggs, hatch due date of March 31.

Now, I have a couple of surprise Silkie eggs which may possibly be fertile, from my 5 month old pullet. With no extra incubator and no broody hen, I have two choices:

1) Hold the eggs at room temperature for a full week, and put them in the incubator after the LF hatch is done.

2) Put them in the incubator now with the LF eggs, subjecting them to a few days of very high humidity during lockdown for those eggs.

I decided on Option 2, figuring I can watch air cells and run the rest of the hatch time drier to adjust, if I need to. It seemed better to start with fresh eggs.

Would you have done differently?

It would be a miracle for those eggs to be fertile, but I am trying just in case.

I've got a pip a day early! When it rains it pours! LOL My bees also arrived early! Aghh, I can hardly contain my excitement... Good thing I just moved my last hatch outside this morning!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom