March 2017! Hatch with us!

2 more to go, but I can't wait to show my Call ducks!!
wee.gif

I am soooo in love!

How precious!!!! Don't they just melt your heart!
love.gif
I miss my ducks so much and can hardly wait until I can get a position to start raising them again.

Mostly successful hatch 4/12 shipped eggs, 6 viable, one died after internal pipping, looks like it was slightly deformed? Or maybe I waited too long to intervene ... and one left, taking a long time to zip after pipping, may be still absorbing yolk after 11 hours after pipping?

Also there was a wacky snafu where I didn't close the lid correctly last night so the humidity went down to 45% overnight.
1f629.png
So these ones are the ones working it out after a rough night --

Last edited:
Hello I have a quick question. One of my chicks is between 1-2 months old and ever since he was born he had this bubble thing on his head. It looks like it is filled with blood and pus. He doesn't seem to mind it but it keeps growing with it. We want to try and get rid of it before he gets picked on.
Anybody have any experience with this?

Last edited:
Mostly successful hatch 4/12 shipped eggs, 6 viable, one died after internal pipping, looks like it was slightly deformed? Or maybe I waited too long to intervene ... and one left, taking a long time to zip after pipping, may be still absorbing yolk after 11 hours after pipping?

Also there was a wacky snafu where I didn't close the lid correctly last night so the humidity went down to 45% overnight.
1f629.png
So these ones are the ones working it out after a rough night --

Ah, they are so cute! Yeah, pip to zip can take a really long time (mine have have about a 15 hour average).:)

Hello I have a quick question. One of my chicks is between 1-2 months old and ever since he was born he had this bubble thing on his head. He doesn't seem to mind it but it keeps growing with it. We want to try and get rid of it before he gets picked on.
Anybody have any experience with this?

I would start a thread in the BYC injury/illness (it's called something like that) forum. Be sure to add a pic. Someone will know.

Back
Top Bottom