March 2017! Hatch with us!

Well i am over the top thrilled with how my duckling hatch has gone. It looks like I am going to have 16 out of 18 hatch. :ya I put so much time and effort into this. Carefully gathered the eggs from my flock,turning them daily, no egg over 5 days old. I set 21 eggs....first candling I discovered all but one had development....second candling 2 had quit...so 18 went into lockdown. And as it stands right now, it looks like 16 out of 18 will hatch. But the BEST part is that unless my eyes are playing tricks on me(I will look closer in the morning) out of those 16 only 4 are drakes. Wow. Keeping in mind that sexing at hatch is only 90% accurate, I am still liking the odds. :D This is my hatch of Welsh Harlequins for those recent to the thread. Pics in the morning.....just so much cuteness. :weee

Well i am over the top thrilled with how my duckling hatch has gone. It looks like I am going to have 16 out of 18 hatch. :ya I put so much time and effort into this. Carefully gathered the eggs from my flock,turning them daily, no egg over 5 days old. I set 21 eggs....first candling I discovered all but one had development....second candling 2 had quit...so 18 went into lockdown. And as it stands right now, it looks like 16 out of 18 will hatch. But the BEST part is that unless my eyes are playing tricks on me(I will look closer in the morning) out of those 16 only 4 are drakes. Wow. Keeping in mind that sexing at hatch is only 90% accurate, I am still liking the odds. :D This is my hatch of Welsh Harlequins for those recent to the thread. Pics in the morning.....just so much cuteness. :weee

That's awesome!

Congrats!! It looks like you'll have your hands full with 16 little Welshies! I have actually found the bill sexing 100% accurate so far, although I think the accuracy depends on the strain.

I can't wait for pics! :)

Charlotte

2 more to go, but I can't wait to show my Call ducks!! :weee

I am soooo in love!

They are too cute :th

Congrats on the new arrivals!

Charlotte

:celebrate Nicely done, you duckie mamma, you!!

Back
Top Bottom