March 2017! Hatch with us!

Same here they were due Friday to Saturday last week let them stay till Wednesday evening and gave up on the hatch I also didn't have the heart to eggtopsy

Sometimes I eggtopsy, sometimes not. Usually, if my results are pretty good and there's just the odd one or two that didn't hatch, I won't do it. If it's a larger percentage, or just one breed that doesn't hatch, I will do some checking because I don't want a repeat performance.

No I do believe it was my mistake and eggs that wasn't so viable first eggs after the dog attack and a few factors beyond that so I'm trying again fresh with eggs from another along with some from me I'm going for a dryer hatch and also no intruptions so I'll candle tomorrow for day three and start the turner on then again at day 10 and day 18 then we will see on day 21 if I cured my mistakes

No I do believe it was my mistake and eggs that wasn't so viable first eggs after the dog attack and a few factors beyond that so I'm trying again fresh with eggs from another along with some from me I'm going for a dryer hatch and also no intruptions so I'll candle tomorrow for day three and start the turner on then again at day 10 and day 18 then we will see on day 21 if I cured my mistakes

Sounds good - best of luck with these new eggs! :)

Oh my, what a sweetie!! I wonder if the head tapping thing is something their mothers do? Very cool that it worked! :thumbsup I like to use athletic tape and a little piece of cardstock for the bottom of the "shoes" but one time had to use duct tape because the chick kept pulling them off!

That's what the other person said, that they observed the mother doing it to them. I'm going to use vet wrap. It worked on the other two chicks I've had to do it to. He's actually walking pretty good, despite the curves to his toes.

I just set 31 more eggs!
1f628.png
1f635.png
1f631.png

1f602.png
our version of March Madness? Good luck on your batch!

I have a total of about 60 eggs in the bator now. 5 of the silver lace wyandott ( sorry about the spelling but I'm old and forgetful) are due to hatch on the 30th of march. The rest are due at different times. I'm hatching more silver lace, silkies and amaricana. Wish me luck.

I have a total of about 60 eggs in the bator now. 5 of the silver lace wyandott ( sorry about the spelling but I'm old and forgetful) are due to hatch on the 30th of march. The rest are due at different times.  I'm hatching more silver lace, silkies and amaricana.  Wish me luck.

You got it! Absolute best of luck to you and your chickies! :jumpy

today is day 21 for my hatch started with 30 down to 22 4 not fertile and 4 stopped developing early on. I heard cheeping and saw quite a few pipping before I left for work can't wait to see what I come home to

Back
Top Bottom