March 2024 “Asking For a Friend” Hatch-A-Long 🤫🐣

Happy Friday All :frow

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! I get a mama and two baby goats tomorrow - I can’t wait :celebrate

I wanted to show you all where we are at so far. I still have several slots (and WAAYY too many days left), if you want to invite anyone to our party. Thanks to all for playing 😉

Incubator 1 (1-7 cemani)
#’s 1-5 - open
#6 - @HorseGirlAbby
#7 - @Wyorp Rock
#8 - @junior67
#9 - @Aardyn
#10 - @Debbie292d
#11 - open
#12 - @Debbie292d
#13 - @CloneFly
#’s 14-17 - open
#18 - @CloneFly
#19 - open
#’s 20-22 - open

Incubator 2 (#’s 2-8 Cemani)
#1 - open
#2 - @HorseGirlAbby
#’s 3-6 open
#7 - @Wyorp Rock
#8 - open
#9 - @Aardyn
#’s 10-12 open
#13 - @CloneFly
#14 - @HorseGirlAbby
#’s 15-19 open
#20 - @junior67
#’s 21-22 open
May I have #17 from both bators please?

Since we're going into spring, how about Fern for the green/blue(?) egg (B1) and Tulip for the brown egg (B2) 🙂.

Hi all :frow

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I just wanted to let you know I haven’t forgotten about you - I do not like candling, so I usually drag it out to day 10.

In other news, I just found out there is a backyard herd group just like this one that I will definitely be visiting on behalf of my new additions. Community is so awesome :celebrate

@HorseGirlAbby @Wyorp Rock @junior67 @Aardyn @Debbie292d @CloneFly @GreenJay @Devyn Nagy

I just wanted to let you know I haven’t forgotten about you - I do not like candling, so I usually drag it out to day 10.

In other news, I just found out there is a backyard herd group just like this one that I will definitely be visiting on behalf of my new additions. Community is so awesome :celebrate

@HorseGirlAbby @Wyorp Rock @junior67 @Aardyn @Debbie292d @CloneFly @GreenJay @Devyn Nagy
Yes! Backyard Herds is a sister site to BYC! Nifty runs that one too. You may even see some familiar names and people over there.

Hope your goats are doing well!

I understand about the candling. Some candle daily, but I usually only candle a few times when I incubate chicken eggs. For Quail eggs, I've never had any luck candling those, I can't see a thing, so I just set them and wait to see what happens...it's a surprise every time 😅

Yes! Backyard Herds is a sister site to BYC! Nifty runs that one too. You may even see some familiar names and people over there.

Hope your goats are doing well!

I understand about the candling. Some candle daily, but I usually only candle a few times when I incubate chicken eggs. For Quail eggs, I've never had any luck candling those, I can't see a thing, so I just set them and wait to see what happens...it's a surprise every time 😅
I am just beside myself - there is even a gardening site? My head is going to explode 🤯❤️

I’m hoping the candling will go well - there are many I probably won’t be able to see into, but I I’m a rip-the-bandaid-off kinda girl, so I like to see what I’m working with, especially since I’m not positive everyone has been covered.

My broody was due today- only three, so far (seven left).

WOW day 10! and don't like candling?????? LOL I am the complete opposite!!!! haahaa. I can barely make it to day 3 before I candle! then I do my best to at least wait till every other day. I don't candle ALL of them every other day but normally pick out a few. but do all on day 3, 7, then try to hold off on all till day 14, then day 18. :) I just can't help it, it is like a drug and I can't hold off. :)

WOW day 10! and don't like candling?????? LOL I am the complete opposite!!!! haahaa. I can barely make it to day 3 before I candle! then I do my best to at least wait till every other day. I don't candle ALL of them every other day but normally pick out a few. but do all on day 3, 7, then try to hold off on all till day 14, then day 18. :) I just can't help it, it is like a drug and I can't hold off. :)
I know - but with my bad luck on my hatches, I’ve noticed they seem to quit around day 10, so I always think that day 7 candling has something to do with it. You never know 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom