Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I ordered fertile quail eggs 3 days ago and they still haven't arrived, is there still hope of the eggs hatching when I receive them?

Yeah..There still may be hope of some hatching, where are you located and where did you get them from? I would worry about the eggs becoming to cold during shipment especially if you are live to the north. If you live farther south there could be a greater chance of survival...I am a little surprised you haven't recieved your eggs yet, usually shipping only takes 2-3 days. Hopefully they arrive sometime today.
I say it is okay to order eggs off ebay and I have done it before with lots of success...but you just have to be careful who you are dealing with and where the eggs are coming from.
...let me know what happens.

Sent my PM! Just realized I have eggs in the bator that should hatch on 3/3, so not Feb HAL eggs! They're Norwegian Jaerhon eggs from a trio I got in January who just kept laying despite moving 4 states and the weather. Have 4 hatched already, a 5th hopefully next week. Then the 8 3/3 eggs. Might toss in some mystery eggs, have some silky x either EE or IowaBlue eggs saved, or some EE x either EE or IAB. Haven't put my Blues in breeding pens yet. Need to do that....

Can't wait to see everyone's hatches!!
frow.gif

Yeah..There still may be hope of some hatching, where are you located and where did you get them from? I would worry about the eggs becoming to cold during shipment especially if you are live to the north. If you live farther south there could be a greater chance of survival...I am a little surprised you haven't recieved your eggs yet, usually shipping only takes 2-3 days. Hopefully they arrive sometime today.
I say it is okay to order eggs off ebay and I have done it before with lots of success...but you just have to be careful who you are dealing with and where the eggs are coming from.
...let me know what happens.

This is my first time ordering eggs, if I had the quail to give me the eggs wouldn't bother ordering them. Last year I hatched 45 chicks from 5 hens. It was a very successful hatch. I am new to quail this year, I am planning to get adult birds also just in case the button quail chicks don't hatch.

Well, I'm still waiting for my Phoenix bantam eggs to arrive and I'm starting to worry I'm going to miss out on this HAL! It's been really hard not to just put my Silver Sebright x GL Polish eggs in the incubator by themselves. I hope all of you have successful hatches!

Finally got my shipped eggs this morning! Six Lavender Ameraucanas and seven mixed silkies. Going into the bator tomorrow morning... :)
Most have detached air cells, one floats end to end... :( I'm just crossing my fingers for a 50% hatch!

Back
Top Bottom