Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Ok here's my line up
smile.png

18 ameraucanas

3 lavender orpingtons

And 1 easter egger
Cute! Congratulations!

our hatching is going pretty well its day 22, so far we have 5 out and 2 externally pipped hoping the others hatch as well started with 29, then fairly early on ended up with 2 infertile and 2 early death bringing it down to 25 I couldn't see in some so i dont know if they are viable lol dark brown ones are a pain! how long do i leave the babies in the bator? they are walking all over the other eggs and im worried about it...

I locked down today. My incubator has been pretty stable besides the first day, now it is dropping down to 98 degrees before the heating element kicks on, it kicks off at 100.2. That's two degrees...all this time it has been kicking off and on with a half degree difference. It's making me really nervous about going to sleep
rant.gif
My humidity is also still at 60%, I think I will try to spray the sides with warm water. Thanks for the suggestions

I locked down today. My incubator has been pretty stable besides the first day, now it is dropping down to 98 degrees before the heating element kicks on, it kicks off at 100.2. That's two degrees...all this time it has been kicking off and on with a half degree difference. It's making me really nervous about going to sleep
rant.gif
My humidity is also still at 60%, I think I will try to spray the sides with warm water. Thanks for the suggestions
fl.gif
Oh Good Luck!

Thanks! I think it's going to be a long night, I don't understand what is causing it to suddenly start doing that, I just hope it doesn't decide to spike one way or the other
bow.gif

We have a PIP
wee.gif
Cream Legbar egg!!!! Please be a pullet!!!!

I took one of the wifi cameras from the hen house and hung it from the lamp above the incubator....LOL I know, professional right?
lau.gif

I can watch live streaming video from my laptop, without going down to the basement every 3 seconds. Even though my butt and legs were getting a nice workout!

GUYS. GUYS.
I put my 5 CCL eggs on lockdown last night (hatch date 3/13 ~8:30pm). I have one super active wiggler, but I have 3/5 that have pips! I am also hearing little cheeps from them, and OH MY HEART.
There is one pipped egg that is rockin' & rollin' all over town, but the other two with pips aren't moving; is this normal?

I also have two eggs that haven't moved at all - no signs of life.

Should I wait until tomorrow night to start fretting about them? I know hatch times can have a little variance, but as this is my first hatch, I'm not sure how much variance to expect.

Thanks, guys. I really love this group, though you're all a bunch of rotten enablers

Back
Top Bottom