Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
our hatching is going pretty well its day 22, so far we have 5 out and 2 externally pipped hoping the others hatch as well started with 29, then fairly early on ended up with 2 infertile and 2 early death bringing it down to 25 I couldn't see in some so i dont know if they are viable lol dark brown ones are a pain! how long do i leave the babies in the bator? they are walking all over the other eggs and im worried about it... 

I'm a 1st timer, but I am pretty sure that once they're dry you put them into the brooder.

Rotten flower. My hatch day is the 14th, but I have an Americana/Aracauna that is rocking like crazy! There is one that is doing the internal pip thing, but I'm not sure if that's the one. Your post is great! We will all enable each other's chicken addictions. Lol. I have 1 that has a chip out of it....not sure if there is a term, but it isn't moving at all. It might be the piper, but I'm not sure.

ok--FINAL tally for my 3/17 batch:
out of 55 eggs = 5 chicks....

5 malay eggs=0 hatch
32 d'uccle eggs=3 hatch
6 my stock silkies=1 hatch
12 silkies/showgirls from mail=1 'hatch' (actually one of my two breeches-it has lived so far but has a little trouble standing)

after a temp spike that killed 9 embryos late in the game, 9 made it to lock down and 5 hatched, including an odd unexpected splash d'uccle

next batch is set for the 17th to hatch, much better survivorship right now but they are in different incubator, again though , no development in shipped malays.

RottenFlower - Just them them sit for the night. Some will pip and then rest for a while and you won't see any movement. I've had chicks that pip and then hatch within a couple of hours. Others have pipped and don't finish hatching for 12 hours or more. If they aren't making progress by morning you might want to take a peek and see what is happening with the eggs.

My first cream legbar hatched at about 5:50 EST. she's a girl and she is very loudly and impatiently waiting for the others to hatch.

Good morning! My 1st one hatched too!!! I think it is silver laced Wyandotte mixed with a buff laced polish. If I can figure out how to post a time lapse video of it, I will..... Have to go to work soon, too. If I don't get it on here, I will later.

Candled my 4 remaining and all 4 had movement! Lockdown is tomorrow. Had a lot of clears/quits, well 6/10 but I'm sure I set some that had gotten pretty cold before I got to them! Was happy to see movement in all the eggs! Bumped the humidity a little because its dryer inside than it was the first 2 hatches. The third had some shrink wrapped. :( We'll see how it goes!

Well our blue eggs are finally ready to meet the world 2 hatched in the wee morning hours and 1 more a little bit ago. I put a drinking straw through one of my vent holes and held to my ear on the others I hear peeping on 2 & 2 others are pipped. Hoping for at least one of the bantam blends to hatch
1f60c.png

Maybe the peafowl talked them all into waiting for it so it wouldn't be lonely in the bator....lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom