• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
lau.gif
Walnut, I thought I was bad! Thanks minnie, I have 4 pips...all are very small pips except the first one. The poor little thing has been trying to get out for eight hours! I can see him peck, and hear him chirp once in a while.

Yep, I was up late too. Had a leghorn/polish cross hatch last night 1140. I set a timer for 2 hrs to sleep. Had a Americana polish mix /w hole in the shell. I've learned that those shells are thick & it takes them a long time to get out. After a few rounds of sleep with the timer, I noticed the hole was getting bigger around 530. Took about 45 min from there.
I have 14 more eggs that are all dark with a good air cell, no pips.....I think. I am hoping they will start today. Today is the day I had thought would be hatch day, so here's hoping! 6 hatched so far. All doing well.

I was up for nearly 48 hours before I finally got some sleep. I bought 8 CCL eggs, but only had room for 7 in the incubator. Out of those 7, five made it to lockdown. Of those five, I wound up with 3 pullets and a roo so far. I don't think the last egg is going to hatch, but I've left in the incubator and am hoping for the best.

Mine started pipping on day 20, and the first one arrived at around 6am EST. The last arrived at around 10pm EST last night, so all on day 21.

It was so worth it! :)

The two fertile duck eggs are looking good (one was infertile). I'm so insanely impatient, though. Especially since I'm also waiting for two different feed stores to get in my orders of chicks on two different dates (March 25th and April 1st). But I have my order of chicks that came in on the 5th to keep me occupied.

Okay, showing off my (2) chicks
smile.png

Here's the little splash Sizzle that hatched a week ago:

fl.gif
Really hoping this one turns out to be a pullet. Every Sizzle I hatched last year ended up being a cockerel. I have one more in my pen right now that I was really hoping was a girl, but I saw him crow this morning and try to mount a few of the hens
barnie.gif

Here's my little surprise chick, it sort of looks dark blue and partridge. I think I'll hang on to this one to see how it turns out. It's little legs and toes are SO fluffy!

The pictures don't show all the blonde and brown. You can kind of see the blonde on its head, but there's a lot of darker brown on its back too.

HerbGir1972: Here are some of the chicks from the last HAL we did! There are 4 of them, but I could only pick out 3. They're really blending in with my other EEs and its really hard to tell them apart now!
Now that they're out from under the red light, I think this one may end up being a cockerel.

The chick in the front looking at the camera is that adorable little grey chick! I really think this ones a pullet, and it's my favorite from your eggs. The brown one on the left is one of yours too, also a girl, I think.

There's another one from you in there somewhere, but I think you can see why it's hard to pick it out!

Last edited:
Howfunkyisurchicken, they are adorable! My first pip took 13 hours, I was about to give up hope and he just suddenly zipped. I have 3 fluffy butts running around the incubator, and can see 7 or 8 more pips! This is so exciting
jumpy.gif

Well I candle my eggs this morning out of 60 eggs set I had 17 that were clear the rest appear to be fine hatch day is next Saturday for me lock down Wednesday night

My temp dropped! I have five out now, one keeps laying on the thermometer but it says 96. Not sure if I should try to raise it? Anyone have this happen? It's the digital incubator warehouse kind. Not sure if it is really dropping, or it's because the chick keeps laying on it
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom