March Hatch-A-Long.( How is it gettting here so quick ? LOL )

I got my Bantam Chocolate Orpington eggs today!!! Ordered 6 & he through in an extra. And I also have 7 mixed and 14 pure LF Buff Orpington that will be going in with them! I got my bator going and its been doing good for a few hours, so I will be putting them in tonight!! Yay!!
clap.gif

I set another 40 or so eggs on Monday, Feb. 17th so I should be expecting mine to hatch around March 10th! It's all Barnevelders this time as my silkie didn't start laying again yet. I'll have to wait until next time to set her eggs.

This is the most eggs I've ever set at once. The first hatch went pretty decent and I have 15 chicks running around in the brooder now! I'd like to candle the eggs already but it took a little while to get the temp up after setting them in the incubator so I'm guessing they are probably a day behind or so...so no candling for a couple more days. I'm hoping there will be something to see by then!

This is the first time I collected eggs for so long before setting them. I had some of them collected for just over two weeks. It is a bit of an experiment to see how that works.

I actually have a double layer of eggs in my 'bator, lol. There's a first time for everything. I figure if they all make it to lockdown I'll remove the turner anyway and then everyone will have some floor space for hatching.

Anyway, happy to be back incubating again!!

DD
frow.gif

Just joining in - I set 41 on Feb 12. Getting pretty excited to candle and see how we were doing with fertility in our flock this spring. I'm hatching what I'm calling Rainbow Eggers, meaning I have blue layers and a blue gene roo, but I also have a tan gene roo and some tan and cream layers. There is bound to be a lot of feather variety in this bunch because I also have frizzle genes in the mix and mille fleur and my tan layers have some pretty interesting feather patterns (they are cochin and polish mixes). I'm hoping for a March 5 hatch.

Just joining in - I set 41 on Feb 12. Getting pretty excited to candle and see how we were doing with fertility in our flock this spring. I'm hatching what I'm calling Rainbow Eggers, meaning I have blue layers and a blue gene roo, but I also have a tan gene roo and some tan and cream layers. There is bound to be a lot of feather variety in this bunch because I also have frizzle genes in the mix and mille fleur and my tan layers have some pretty interesting feather patterns (they are cochin and polish mixes). I'm hoping for a March 5 hatch.

sounds amazing...looking forward to pictures

Awesome! There is also a March hatch-a-long...join in there as well
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/855545/march-hatch-a-long-how-is-it-gettting-here-so-quick-lol

Welcome....................It will be fun to see your chicks....................

I set another 40 or so eggs on Monday, Feb. 17th so I should be expecting mine to hatch around March 10th! It's all Barnevelders this time as my silkie didn't start laying again yet. I'll have to wait until next time to set her eggs.

This is the most eggs I've ever set at once. The first hatch went pretty decent and I have 15 chicks running around in the brooder now! I'd like to candle the eggs already but it took a little while to get the temp up after setting them in the incubator so I'm guessing they are probably a day behind or so...so no candling for a couple more days. I'm hoping there will be something to see by then!

This is the first time I collected eggs for so long before setting them. I had some of them collected for just over two weeks. It is a bit of an experiment to see how that works.

I actually have a double layer of eggs in my 'bator, lol. There's a first time for everything. I figure if they all make it to lockdown I'll remove the turner anyway and then everyone will have some floor space for hatching.

Anyway, happy to be back incubating again!!

DD

WOW ! 40, Good luck.............it will be interesting to see how many of your older eggs hatch....I have read people have had success doing that..............
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom