MarineCorpFarmr Egg BOMB, A new Beginning! Follow along in his journey to a new flock!

@ozexpat

ep.gif
droolin.gif

Wowweeeeee! That would be a FUN hatch and the organization would be the best part!

I am SO bad...I look back almost daily at my 'bator map' I drew from the NYE hatch and my charts of who hatched when and looked like what and then I compare that to how they look now and wonder what they will look like as grownups and carefully take photos every week and it's just so fun and I won't be happy til I put together one of those photo books like they have at Costco. WITH all my charts and map tucked in there nicely. And then I will have to start a new book for each hatch. And that means I need a shelf JUST for chicken books. And I truly *know* I am obsessed but I can't help it! OK, I will take some calming breaths now and
duc.gif

Is there medication for this problem???
lau.gif

@ozexpat

:eek: :drool

Wowweeeeee! That would be a FUN hatch and the organization would be the best part!

I am SO bad...I look back almost daily at my 'bator map' I drew from the NYE hatch and my charts of who hatched when and looked like what and then I compare that to how they look now and wonder what they will look like as grownups and carefully take photos every week and it's just so fun and I won't be happy til I put together one of those photo books like they have at Costco. WITH all my charts and map tucked in there nicely. And then I will have to start a new book for each hatch. And that means I need a shelf JUST for chicken books. And I truly *know* I am obsessed but I can't help it! OK, I will take some calming breaths now and :duc

Is there medication for this problem??? :lau

No, but you will get over it once you start hatching batches of 40-50 or more at a time on a weekly basis like I do most of the year...lol

Phones browser crashed... argh I had a whole paragraph typed. Total hatched 75. 1 cute little silkie, 54 rir and hrir mixed and 20 other ones I've gotta backtrack and id. Lol. All but the late lil rir that I popped outta its egg tonight all others are in the brooders as of now. Will post some pics when the phone isnt screwing up

@ozexpat

ep.gif
droolin.gif

I am SO bad...I look back almost daily at my 'bator map' I drew from the NYE hatch and my charts of who hatched when and looked like what and then I compare that to how they look now and wonder what they will look like as grownups and carefully take photos every week and it's just so fun and I won't be happy til I put together one of those photo books like they have at Costco. WITH all my charts and map tucked in there nicely. And then I will have to start a new book for each hatch. And that means I need a shelf JUST for chicken books. And I truly *know* I am obsessed but I can't help it! OK, I will take some calming breaths now and
duc.gif

Is there medication for this problem???
lau.gif

You really should read his thread : "Getting the flock out of here: Diary of a crazy chicken man". It is a chicken lover's novel. Filled with chickens, eggs, travel, tropics, romance & children! Seriously Oz, you should write a book. I'd buy it! Besides...who else owns a water buffalo??? Oz does!

You really should read his thread : "Getting the flock out of here: Diary of a crazy chicken man". It is a chicken lover's novel. Filled with chickens, eggs, travel, tropics, romance & children! Seriously Oz, you should write a book. I'd buy it! Besides...who else owns a water buffalo??? Oz does!

how could you not have a water buffalo..... my motza will one day plow my gardens and give me milk and cheese

211 total. 75 hatched. 132 did not. Approx 35% rate. Including 8 doz local rir's
not too bad given temps outside on shipped eggs - most dont make it past 10 days

below is my last hatch - i got 52 chicks (and 110 from 340 quail)

l BREED Anticipated Confirmed Day 10
A1 Ameraucana 12 12 10 83.3%
A2 Ameraucana 12 12 11 91.7%
BA Black Australorps 12 8 4 50.0%
SL Red Sex Links 12 12 3 25.0%
NH New Hampshire 24 18 6 33.3%
BB Bresse - Black 18 19 7 36.8%
BW Bresse - White 12 21 4 19.0%
B Basque 24 27 10 37.0%
BO3 Orpington - Buff 17 17 10 58.8%
RO1 Rocks - White 20 20 6 30.0%
RB2 Rocks - Barred 42 42 5 11.9%