Mars rover

NASA might cost money to operate, but it costs less many programs. In the 60's, at the height of spending on space, NASA was up to about 4% of the total US budget, now it is at about a tenth of that.

I don't have any problem with their spending as long as most of it is spent here.

pop.gif

Hemet, not only is most of it spent here, ALL of it is spent here, and most of THAT is spent in America. Quite a bit of the money that NASA spends goes to local businesses in the area not only because of their employees (someone commented on how they doubt NASA scientists don't spend their money at wal-mart, I can tell you for a fact that's wrong. They do.) but as a whole if they need parts for something, they get it locally. If they need some special part invented for something, they go to a business that specializes in that and when it's finished, works out a deal with the licensing of the patent, which means NASA gets a tiny bit of that money back to put towards more inventions, and we get to see those things made for sale to the public. (it would be perfectly within their rights to keep all the rights to these things and we'd never see them except for use by NASA.)

Hemet, not only is most of it spent here, ALL of it is spent here, and most of THAT is spent in America. Quite a bit of the money that NASA spends goes to local businesses in the area not only because of their employees (someone commented on how they doubt NASA scientists don't spend their money at wal-mart, I can tell you for a fact that's wrong. They do.) but as a whole if they need parts for something, they get it locally. If they need some special part invented for something, they go to a business that specializes in that and when it's finished, works out a deal with the licensing of the patent, which means NASA gets a tiny bit of that money back to put towards more inventions, and we get to see those things made for sale to the public. (it would be perfectly within their rights to keep all the rights to these things and we'd never see them except for use by NASA.)

LOL
When I said "spent here" I meant in the U.S. not earth.

pop.gif

Maybe that is why they scrapped NASA... a government agency making a profit.

I suspect he is confused. Thinking NASA only has to do with manned-missions to the moons/plants. I really think chickened would agree with us if he just saw a layout of our entire budget. Planet is growing and growing.. it will eventually reach maximum capacity.. I'd like to have first dibs on branching out. I guess it comes down to whether you care about the big picture or not. I'd like to think my grandchildren have a chance...

Last edited:
I suspect he is confused. Thinking NASA only has to do with manned-missions to the moons/plants. I really think chickened would agree with us if he just saw a layout of our entire budget. Planet is growing and growing.. it will eventually reach maximum capacity.. I'd like to have first dibs on branching out. I guess it comes down to whether you care about the big picture or not. I'd like to think my grandchildren have a chance...
Never have first dibs on the branching out. Wait till they are settled for the firsts will always have the most problems. Much like the pilgrims.

When I was your age Cupman I may have been confused but now I like to think I know better.

What exactly is the planets maximum capacity I have heard this talk before and nobody seems to know.

What chance will they not get? just curious.

Tomorrow is usually enough to worry about you know... really.

Back
Top Bottom