Martinsburg, WV Chickenstock April 21st 2012

Daughter just got her 4H Clover Guide for the year (Jefferson Co) and Chickenstock is on the calendar......great to see it there!!!

that is very good to hear.
thumbsup.gif

What color calls ducks do you have Tonya? I may bring some chocolates and whites but not positive yet

Last edited:
I have 6 colors I sold the white and grey calls last year.
Chocolate
Pastel & chocolate
Buff
Khaki
Blue fawn
Black magpies
I don't know if I will have any by time of the swap as they just started laying and I'm testing the eggs now.

barnie.gif
Ahhhhh! I need to get there early. I'm hoping to purchase 2 new Silkie pullets. Hoping someone will have a few Silkies that have already been sexed. Looking forward to going.

I don't know if I will have any by time of the swap as they just started laying and I'm testing the eggs now.

Yeah I'm on my test hatch too. Hoping for the best. Does anyone know of any red bourbon gobblers for sale?

I saw some on craigs list the other day. either WV,VA or Md sorry dont remember which.
I got good veins in my call eggs so far. just hope i get some tiny ducklings to hatch.

Many poultry fanciers like the heritage breeds that were placed in the standard of perfection in the 1800s. That got me to thinking. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a chicken carrier that looks like it was made in the Federal period. Maybe Thomas Jefferson carried his chickens in a crate similar to this one? I'll have it on hand at the Martinsburg Chickenstock along with my standard carriers.

Back
Top Bottom