Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

I've got to find some denim colored duct tape to keep in the truck for next time
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'd keep an eye out for symptoms (bloody poop, ruffled, lethargic and withdrawn head), but yeah, some medicated feed may be a good idea. I kinda dosed everyone I brought home just to err on the side of caution. With the long trip home, my husband's bad driving and how cold and wet it was, I don't want any more sick chickens. I mean, I didn't see any bloody poop in the crates yesterday, but you don't need bloody poo to have it.

Guess what, Kat?! I got my first BLUE egg last night! I'm going to let my Silkie sit on it just in case it's fertile.
wink.png

Quote:
I'd keep an eye out for symptoms (bloody poop, ruffled, lethargic and withdrawn head), but yeah, some medicated feed may be a good idea. I kinda dosed everyone I brought home just to err on the side of caution. With the long trip home, my husband's bad driving and how cold and wet it was, I don't want any more sick chickens. I mean, I didn't see any bloody poop in the crates yesterday, but you don't need bloody poo to have it.

Alrighty, sounds like I will run out and get some tomorrow. And yeah I didn't see any bloody poop either nor are they lethargic. But yes, better safe then sorry. Always a good reason not to just toss new chickens with a flock.

Yeah, the month of quarantine is a pain because I really don't have the room to keep everyone seperate, but I make do. The chickens may be cramped and I am seriously inconvenienced, but it's worth it. My feed room is literally piled full of stacked cages when I get new chickens.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, I use to horse sit so I figured it was just like quarantine for horses. Out of sight and down wind from the healthy known animals is where you keep the new ones. So I just use the dog run the dogs don't use. It is more then big enough for two chickens and partially covered from rain and wind and totally covered from predators. So it works out well enough, just more changing of clothing and washing shoes that is more inconvenient then anything else.

Kat, tell hubba hubba hubby, I said... hi **where's the flip your hair and batting eyelashes smiley**
big_smile.png

Brian, thanks for the Freedom Run pics.. I was warned about it a few months ago by Gootziecat, I believe but, never imagined it would've been that much of a pain. gee willakers.

Hey, Erin...no rest for the weary! Please make a new thread to start promoting the Frederick Show. I know you have all the linkys
hide.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
DYNO360 - It was great to meet you and I love, love, love the beautiful chicken crate that I bought from you! It is really too pretty to put chickens in - but I will!!

edited for bad spelling...not enough coffee just yet......

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Carolyn, if he bought orppingtons from you it sounds like Gary from (Paps poultry) if it was him he had great things to say about the birds he bought.

Back
Top Bottom