Mate died

Apr 27, 2020
So recently a friend of mine just lost a duck well the duck died just a few hours ago and her other duck has been looking for her everywhere and keeps going back to the spot where she died before they buried her the reason she died is unknown. So she was wondering what to do about the other duck they were mates and best friends so they weren’t sure also they are going on vacation and having someone come to check on the food and water and bedding and other things that need to be checked on 3 times while they are gone they are leaving for a week I believe but they say that they were planning on keeping the duck and chickens together in a big coop until they come back and they said that they ordered ducklings to raise to give to the duck when they are old enough how old do they have to be also what should they do about the lonely duck

I got an excess duck from a friend - a hen was murdered by a coon and my friend gave me a drake. Shortly after introducing they began to hang out together.
Ok the only bad part is is that they are going on vacation for around a week then have ducklings getting delivered when they get back do you know what a good age would be to introduce them Also what should they do to make him feel less sad

The duck will be fine alone till they return. It's not actually sadness it's feeling but unsure of how to be alone. Safety in numbers.
Tell the friend to introduce the Ducklings once feathered. So at about 4 to 6 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom