Material for interior walls

What type of weather does your area have?

Do you get lots of rain?

My coop is made with treated wood walls and 1/2' hardware cloth walls.

I don't use interior walls. I don't want to create a safe place for Mommy Mouse to raise a family. I once found a small garter snake in a cavity in the coop, behind a feeder. I don't know why the chickens had not eaten him. Probably too well hidden.

But if you must what would be wrong with plywood or wood paneling. You can paint it and attach stuff if you want to decorate it. It should be easy to install. If you insulate the coop you want to cover the insulation so they don't eat it. I would not want drywall in case it got wet or they may decide to eat it.

Never underestimate what a chicken will consider food.
One time, I had a huge styrofoam sheet handy and made the mistake of thinking it could be a temporary sight blocker on the outside of a pen. They reached through the bars and I came back to a mess.
On another occasion, a black paper foam board for crafts was used as a photo back drop and I found myself later wondering what the sticker was lying in the yard. That was the only part that survived. It took us a bit to understand (and to believe) what happened.

Coroplast. Corrugated plastic sheet. One used to be able to get loads of it for free after elections, a lot of yard signs were made of the stuff. But you can get plain white at the hardware store. You can slosh soapy water on it and hose it off some hot dry day to give the coop a deeper cleaning. I'd only bother if I was covering insulation, though.

Back
Top Bottom