May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Her mom was a mystery hen (my avatar) splash, her dad was a splash frizzle who never had feathers and mostly looked like a guy with out pants. Mom laid purple-y pink egg, dad had green egg gene she is a gray egg layer- "Greyslyn." She is very old. You can see her eggs I think there is a grey egg thread you can look up in forums.
You will have to post photos of her chicks when they hatch!:)

here are 2 more egg pics.
2p.PNG

baba.PNG

Day 19 and I am peeking every hour to see if any one is moving, because of course they all quit in the past day! This is the most exciting/worst thing ever :barnie Maybe 14 blue/splash Ameraucana and 3 Ameraucana mixes.
View attachment 2158411
I know what ya mean, I was like that with with my 1st & already ready for the orhers to get here!

It's that time again :jumpy

All hatchers and birds welcome :frow

Don't forget to share pics because we all love pics of cute little fluffers 📷

I got a surprise from a friend yesterday!
I did not hatch this little girl, a friend did, & she was the only one to hatch & teenagers are not liking her, but we are hoping to live the big kids to the new coop & she can go from her condo down to be with the silkies who are only 1.5 weeks older!

Attachments

• 20200523_224328.jpg
    20200523_224328.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200523_182926.jpg
    20200523_182926.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi all...so we are now on day 22 and nothing is happening. No internal pips (that I can see) no external pips either. If anything the incubator has been a little on the warm side and the last 48 hours particularly has been really hard to keep the temp down. What I can see is that all the eggs are tipped downward away from the airsac and are very heavy. Pic included for reference. One had a crack that we waxed and was moving before lockdown. All 5 had movement on day 18/19 but nothing happening since. Oh those airsac marks were from day 14, all are about 20% larger than that now. Advice?
20200525_110423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom