May Hatch-a-long! ~ 6th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatch-a-long! ~

Pics
Day 14 and I just candled for the last time. Of the 7 left, all look good and have movement. One looks developmentally behind but otherwise looks alive and well. I am not going to touch them again until the hatch. Not to bad for shipped eggs.

It's flooding here and I have movement in the eggs so that makes me happy

Oh, goodness! I was hoping for a May hatch-along...saw this and got so excited.
BUT, my hatches coming up are all "unplanned children" (sorry for the tacky humor).
I have tentative plans to buy an incubator the 2nd or 3rd week of May, so of course 5 hens went broody! They are sitting on 3 nests...2 pairs and one single. I can't believe it!
Is this thread only for 5-5?
If so, it's ok, I'll just keep hoping for a month-of-may hatch-along.
idunno.gif

My girls are supposed to hatch in the following order:
Peaches and Chula (sisters, a yellow buff silkie and blue with partridge hackle/head silkie) are bot first time brooders. Supposed hatch date=5-2.
Antonia (single brooder in the same coop) is a 2 toned silkie, with black head and blonde body with black and blue flecks. Hatch supposed to be 5-5.
In the next-door coop, Zuza (tiny yellow/cream silkie) and Story (enormous Buff Orpington) are brooding together. Supposed hatch date=5-9.
If we'd all be welcome that would be very sweet! We also understand if we have to go find our own hatch-along thread...it's all good.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Is it too late to join? I set eggs on the 12th without realizing this was here. I could get a late hatcher that arrives on the 5th.
Eggs set, 38 chicken eggs.
Day 18 started 2 hours ago for me, so they are in Lockdown! I was down to 31 eggs with movement when I candled last night.

Back
Top Bottom