MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

I don't know how you folks that get the cutesy chick shots do it.... they are most uncooperative. A boxful of day-old ADD!

Anyway, here are the 18 little darlings that hatched from the 22 eggs at lockdown....

51132_img_0072.jpg

If you look closely, there's 8 SLW, 5 BSL Star females, 4 BSL Star males, and the 1 RSL male.... "One of these things is not like the others....."

Day 21 and still nothing, not even a wiggle, from my eggs. I've tried bumping up the bator a few times, doesn't seem to cause any temp shift. I only move it a bit, b/c its an LG, and I dont wanna fry them.

This is so maddening!
he.gif
I'm thinking I must have killed them when I put them into lockdown, and the temp never got back up close to normal (its only 93-94). We'll give it a day or two more.

Last edited:
Well I just candled to weed out the bad eggs
lau.gif
and out of 38 in the bator I am down to 10.
hit.gif
dosnt seem like a lot. I do have a question...one of the RIR eggs has a bubble type spot on the shell. It stinks out futher then the rest of the shell,when you candle you can see a small hairline crack in it. it is on the side on the smaller end and where this is is also where the air pocket is. Any one know what is goin on and if there is a problem, also I can see how dark the eggs are inside which is the chick but don't see movement does that mean they arn't alive? O, by the way I go on lock down this coming Sunday and they are due 26th. Thanks

Please someone give me some info. Today is day 21, the chicks were peeping inside the eggs, however, a few minutes later, no more sounds, nobody pipped...are they dead? is it normal? This is nerve raking...
sad.png

Quote:
Good thing they are resting up to hatch it is just plain torture while you wait I know I have some waiting too due Thursday......In the morning you might have some chicks

This morning I have 6 hatched and 2 pipped. I have 15 left. Last hatch I had 40 percent hatchability. So here is hoping that more hatch. I have alot of yellow ones.

Back
Top Bottom