MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

Just candled.
celebrate.gif

All ten eggs are fertile. (Thanks, toadbriar!
wink.png
) I'm so happy! And they've been growing!!! I saw heartbeats on at least two of them, even! There are a couple that the embryo seemed to be below/behind the air cell so I couldn't see it but I could see some veining - I'm hoping those are still alive and aren't actually blood rings. But most of them look just like they should!
wee.gif
Sorry, I've just been so worried that I'd messed them up that it makes me extremely happy to see that I've got ducklings growing in there! Those are going to be my babies!
love.gif

Did you candle yet, Ilovemyduckies? How are they doing?
smile.png

P.S. toadbriar - Vespa's egg is doing wonderfully - I could see that embryo and its veins very clearly and I think that was one that I could even see the heart beating in.
smile.png

Last edited:
im working on a hatch atm. im stuck assisting thanks to shrink wrap issues. they started off under a hen. took them today beause of no progress.

Had to lock down my Mothers Day eggs two days early because they were int-pipping in the turner. Now it's just waiting. I don't expect much until tomorrow at least, got 4 pipped.

countrygirl - I'm sorry to hear about the duckling.
sad.png
Congratulations on the rest of them! Is that four then? Post photos please!
big_smile.png

Goin Quackrrs - Ahh! So exciting! Is it pretty normal for them to be a little early sometimes? The last few days are going to go veery slooow for me, I think!
tongue.png

countrygirl - I'm sorry to hear about the duckling.
sad.png
Congratulations on the rest of them! Is that four then? Post photos please!
big_smile.png

Goin Quackrrs - Ahh! So exciting! Is it pretty normal for them to be a little early sometimes? The last few days are going to go veery slooow for me, I think!
tongue.png

I get the impression there's a variance of give or take a day depending on breed and other conditions. I don't always set my eggs at the same time of day so that's another 12-hour variable I don't account for all the time.

Also: these eggs are from my ducks, not shipped, as most of my hatching eggs have been. I think freshness contributes to development.

Just candled.
celebrate.gif

All ten eggs are fertile. (Thanks, toadbriar!
wink.png
) I'm so happy! And they've been growing!!! I saw heartbeats on at least two of them, even! There are a couple that the embryo seemed to be below/behind the air cell so I couldn't see it but I could see some veining - I'm hoping those are still alive and aren't actually blood rings. But most of them look just like they should!
wee.gif
Sorry, I've just been so worried that I'd messed them up that it makes me extremely happy to see that I've got ducklings growing in there! Those are going to be my babies!
love.gif

Did you candle yet, Ilovemyduckies? How are they doing?
smile.png

P.S. toadbriar - Vespa's egg is doing wonderfully - I could see that embryo and its veins very clearly and I think that was one that I could even see the heart beating in.
smile.png

Yup, I do have some that are for sure developing and some that look infertile, but I'm not going to throw any away until day 8.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom