MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

Yay, Ilovemyduckies!
smile.png

Congratulations, country girl!
clap.gif
Can't wait to see them!

I have 11 mixed Swedish eggs in a friend's incubator, day 28 is next wed (so hatch-watch starts on Sunday) :)

Hi DoesItQuack! Welcome! It's not too long for you now - less than a week! I still have three weeks to go!
tongue.png
Can't wait to see your ducklings!

bad picture sorry they keps zooming all over.
i have individual pics in my albums along with pics from my other hatches
oh and it turns out its a blue bibbed not a black. she lightened up as she dried off

Last edited:

bad picture sorry they keps zooming all over.
i have individual pics in my albums along with pics from my other hatches
oh and it turns out its a blue bibbed not a black. she lightened up as she dried off

My last batch of hatchings all had a bad case of the zoomies. Can't hardly pick up the little squirmies.

Mothers Day duckling #1 hatched this evening. This is what should have been lockdown day. Impatient little boogers!
lau.gif

My last batch of hatchings all had a bad case of the zoomies. Can't hardly pick up the little squirmies.

Mothers Day duckling #1 hatched this evening. This is what should have been lockdown day. Impatient little boogers!
lau.gif
somethig must be going on this month .
all these early babies.

I just candled them and it looks like I have 7/9 eggs developing (89% fertility). I have incubated several different batches of duck eggs and it confuses me every time. There is one that has NO vaining, only a little tiny dot. That is the heart that I can tell is beating (although I don't know how much longer that one will last). In other ones, there is (a lot) vaining all around the air sac. Then the rest are right in the middle of them. I have one that looks infertile but I will wait until tomorrow (day 8) until I throw it away. The last egg has red in it, so it was fertile, but it looks like it died recently. Goin Quackrrs and Country_Girl011, congrats on your new ducklings :D

country girl - adorable!
love.gif
I can't wait! 3 more weeks! Or maybe since everyone's going early mine will be a bit earlier, too!
big_smile.png

Goin Quackrrs - congratulations! How many do you have?

7/9's pretty good, Ilovemyduckies, isn't it?
smile.png
If you don't mind me asking, in your earlier hatches, when did they quit?

country girl - adorable!
love.gif
I can't wait! 3 more weeks! Or maybe since everyone's going early mine will be a bit earlier, too!
big_smile.png

Goin Quackrrs - congratulations! How many do you have?

7/9's pretty good, Ilovemyduckies, isn't it?
smile.png
If you don't mind me asking, in your earlier hatches, when did they quit?
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. When did they quit what? Developing?

Hi Diamond88! Yay, another first-timer! I'm glad I've got some fellow BYC'ers to do this with on my first try!
smile.png
Do you know what colors you've got? Hope everything goes well for you!

And
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks! They're black and white magpie call ducks. I just candled them and unfortunately, now I'm down to four eggs. Three were duds. I'm using a still-air incubator, and I just learned that the 99.5 degrees it's set at might be too cool. Could that be why the embryos didn't form? What should the temperature be?

Back
Top Bottom