Meal planning and budgeting . . . getting started P.4!!!

I never have planned a monthly menu, but I used to plan a weekly menu. The biggest part of it was my family loved it. They really felt cared for.

I haven't done it since we moved into our new house and I can tell you my freezer is chock full of meat I bought on sale but haven't gotten around to cooking. I lived over a year without an oven so now that it is in it's the perfect time for me to get into planning menu's again.

Laney

I've always wanted to do an extended menu, but seem to run out of ideas a couple of weeks in! I'm already thinking for this time....

I've been kind of waiting for indicators that everyone was ready to move forward . . . I know it's overwhelming at first.
So as soon as a few of you get your blank menu plan printed; and Monday breakfast & lunch filled out we can move on to Monday Cocktail hour and dinner. I posted the Monday Tuna lunch recipes in a seperate thread.

Quote:
Three years and counting... stupid toaster oven....
barnie.gif

Great Topic! Of course, now I'm hankering for breakfast burritos, when we're having chicken, but still.

I just found this thread. I have printed off the excel worksheet, and am SO EXCITED to do this!!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to help us!!

get creative with your crock pot girls!!!
a toaster oven and BBQ are more than a lot of people have . . .
foil wrap and BBQ now that's really cooking!
Dig a fire pit, get a duch oven at a garage sale and try something new altogether!
also in a bamboo steamer you can cook rice, vegis and fish all at the same time - how cool is that!
I have a wood stove/oven for the first time in my life . . . you want to hear some cussing come on over LOL!

Katy, I have been reading this thread as well as the bean night. I don't recall reading anything about the Holiday planning. Do you do that? Big turkey or ham?
Please don't stop adding to your thread. I'm sure there are alot of people busy going to Holiday functions/preparing and cant get on here as much. I'm one of them.
roll.png

I'm sure you are busy too, so I will be patience.
smile.png

Thanks for guiding us.

Thanks Henry, I'm not stopping! Just been busy too, and dealing with an unexpected death as well. Did ou checkoot the tuna salad thread? I am quite proud of my Tuna Recipes! But any way I think we are almost done with the beans, then I will add the apetizers and we will be on to Tuesday!!!
As for holidays . . . Mine are huge and I usually cook 3 turkeys! I run the show for the WHOLE family, but I will tell you, I am the Queen of delegation
smile.png
if you have specific questions please ask!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom