mealworms dying

since they are dying before so i added a bunch of stuff in -- even more today i see more bettles than before.. so i guess it's ok..
All beetles need is an inch layer of oats and a carrot. Mold from all that food that they won't be able to eat in time can cause mite infestation. It can also attract ants (which can wipe out your entire colony overnight) and other bugs like flies. I got ants in my colony because they happened sniff out a single apple core I put in. Its best to put in only what they will consume in a day or two. And how many beetles you get is going to be based on how many worms you have. If they don't die in larvae or pupae stage they will always turn into a beetle no matter if you put a carrot or 10 in the tank.

Last edited:
All beetles need is an inch layer of oats and a carrot. Mold from all that food that they won't be able to eat in time can cause mite infestation. It can also attract ants (which can wipe out your entire colony overnight) and other bugs like flies. I got ants in my colony because they happened sniff out a single apple core I put in. Its best to put in only what they will consume in a day or two. And how many beetles you get is going to be based on how many worms you have. If they don't die in larvae or pupae stage they will always turn into a beetle no matter if you put a carrot or 10 in the tank.

true

i'm seeing flies and maggots so i removed the melons

Back
Top Bottom