Meat & Animal product substitutes

Oh I love that you are sharing this stuff!! :)

I live in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, very small town everything. And the larger cities that might have big varieties of vegan and health foods, such as Albuquerque or El Paso TX are both a 3 1/2 hour drive one way from here. So ordering things on line is a part of life if I want something. :D

I've never heard of Aunty Cathy's but will definitely look into it! My diet drives me batty sometimes, I am allergic to peanuts, all tree nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, and any artificial sweetners cause arrhythmia to my heart. Not to mention, I can't stand overly salty or fried foods, it's a wonder I find anything to eat at all! :lol: So I have to read all ingredients lists carefully or I get bad reactions. I will look into Aunty Cathy's, thanks so much! :hugs
I had no idea you lived in New Mexico (i don’t usually pay attention to locations in profile) it’s a beautiful place, i lived there for a while and definitely can agree that it can be hard to find certain things.

I can only imagine how difficult it might be to find something suitable. I hope your able to order from Aunty Cathy’s.

I definitely agree with the fried bit! I really hate anything fried, it’s gross and greasy to me. There are few i like though.

And it’s no problem at all! :)

Hi all! I really wanted to share this recipe i use incase anyone wants to try it. It tastes amazing and i think you all would like it

https://thevegan8.com/lazy-day-vegan-tomato-bisque/

It does call for cashews, which makes it very creamy. It says in the recipe that you can substitute it for gold cooked/mashed potatoes if allergic.

Last edited:
I had no idea you lived in New Mexico (i don’t usually pay attention to locations in profile) it’s a beautiful place, i lived there for a while and definitely can agree that it can be hard to find certain things.

I can only imagine how difficult it might be to find something suitable. I hope your able to order from Aunty Cathy’s.

I definitely agree with the fried bit! I really hate anything fried, it’s gross and greasy to me. There are few i like though.

And it’s no problem at all! :)
Oh wow, what part of New Mexico did you live in? This is definitely a very rural state for sure.

I looked at the Aunty Cathys website and I don't think they ship. Mostly catering or in store service. I will keep on the search for some quality online foods. :)

Oh wow, what part of New Mexico did you live in? This is definitely a very rural state for sure.

I looked at the Aunty Cathys website and I don't think they ship. Mostly catering or in store service. I will keep on the search for some quality online foods. :)
I lived in Albuquerque, it was a while ago so there wasn’t too many options, but i‘m sure it’d be harder to find certain substitutes with the smaller towns.

Aw, that’s a bummer. I will keep my eyes open for anything that people offer shipping as a service.

I lived in Albuquerque, it was a while ago so there wasn’t too many options, but i‘m sure it’d be harder to find certain substitutes with the smaller towns.

Aw, that’s a bummer. I will keep my eyes open for anything that people offer shipping as a service.
Albuquerque has grown huge over the past decade and still it has little to offer. :gig

Chickens and veganism are mutually exclusive, unless the chickens are ornamental

I personally try to avoid purchasing animal products to the maximal extent possible, which is one of the reasons I ethically raise my own

Chickens and veganism are mutually exclusive, unless the chickens are ornamental

I personally try to avoid purchasing animal products to the maximal extent possible, which is one of the reasons I ethically raise my own
In my family there are different beliefs, but we share the common goal of being as self sufficent as we can and raising animals ethically as close to nature as possible.

In my family there are different beliefs, but we share the common goal of being as self sufficent as we can and raising animals ethically as close to nature as possible.
I love that outlook. I am fine with anyone who eats meat but i think it’s important to know where it comes from and do it without causing them to suffer, if we bring them into the world, they might as well have a good life doing chicken things before getting killed. I love seeing other people share that same view.

I think it is definitely possible and i would say easy to be vegan and raise chickens. I raise egg layers, ornamental, and dual breeds, not for that specific purpose for any gain on my part, but because i love the breed and bond with them well!

I do give away the vast majority of eggs that i get to neighbors and friends, or feed it back to them as a treat from time to time.

It’s great that you ethically raise yours! I think thats very cool.

Back
Top Bottom