MECTIN drenches... WHP for hatching or consuption

Mixed Pen

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 17, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Hi..
My vet recommended i use a mectin drench (the same i use for my livestock) on the chickens, but obviously not WHP mentioned because its not made for chickens..

for meat it is 14 days for milk 28 days.. would you go 28 days for eggs too?? and what about to hatch?? my brother has a broody hen and want to hatch some chicks, will they be okay??

to treat worms and lice and red mites (i also used the lice/mite powder) but the mectin drench was for the worms the powder cant get

This is what I use. I only worm perhaps twice a year when things are wet here. I use DE for mites though to be honest I've never seen any. I dust all nest boxes when cleaning and inside the coop when cleaning. Making sure to get the corners and any wet areas. Then I toss a bunch of DE on top of the wood shavings since the birds will roll in them when they're fresh.

You will get varying opinions on many matters but I say choose the one the works for you. Try to keep things clean and dry and there should be no trouble. Warm and humid is a disaster waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom