MECTIN drenches... WHP for hatching or consuption

Well now I won't and can't argue with any of this. However I'm nearing the end of my chicken keeping time.

There is just too much negative stuff here on BYC of late and it's just sucked all the enjoyment out of Back Yard Chicken keeping.

One could spend more time treating for ailments, worms and such that the only ones getting any enjoyment are the manufacturers of all these medicines be touted. Every time a birds poop looks funny one is supposed to bust out an armory of medicines? I just can't afford all this stuff.

Not surprising the periodicals don't mention all these troubles or no one would keep a back yard flock. I'm to the point where I'll be sure to tell newbie, interested folks to keep away from getting chickens.

I reckon the Fad of back yard chicken keeping will have run it's course, at least for me. I'll be back to buying store bought eggs soon.

Rancher, the thrill is gone, Hicks.

Well now I won't and can't argue with any of this. However I'm nearing the end of my chicken keeping time.

There is just too much negative stuff here on BYC of late and it's just sucked all the enjoyment out of Back Yard Chicken keeping.

One could spend more time treating for ailments, worms and such that the only ones getting any enjoyment are the manufacturers of all these medicines be touted. Every time a birds poop looks funny one is supposed to bust out an armory of medicines? I just can't afford all this stuff.

Not surprising the periodicals don't mention all these troubles or no one would keep a back yard flock. I'm to the point where I'll be sure to tell newbie, interested folks to keep away from getting chickens.

I reckon the Fad of back yard chicken keeping will have run it's course, at least for me. I'll be back to buying store bought eggs soon.

Rancher, the thrill is gone, Hicks.
I keep a few medications on hand just in case. Some expire, and get replaced, but it is better to be prepared than not. I enjoy raising birds and always have over the last 3 decades. I'm sorry you have such a negative view. The only negativity I see regularly on the forum are the people who promote misinformation, poor diet, and argue with scientific facts. Other than that, there is some good, factual information, which can be helpful to people new to raising chickens, and visiting this forum.

Oh I don't mean negative as in people. Just to much trouble going on, takes all the fun out of it. I rarely lose an occasional bird but don't have the money to and keep a bunch of medicines for a few chickens. Some folks only have a half dozen or so.

Back
Top Bottom