Medication is 64mg/gallon How can I measure 64mg of powder?

Quote: It's not adding up because there are only 16 grams of lincomycin in that 40 grams. Just weighed it, and it's much denser than the other powders that I've weighed, it's 3.6 grams per teaspoon.

-Kathy

Last edited:
It makes 250 gallons for swine- 500 for poultry! The bag also says it contains 32g of lincomycin, but the total weight of the bag is 80 grams -so it has some kind of filler - I guess to make it easier to measure...

It makes 250 gallons for swine- 500 for poultry! The bag also says it contains 32g of lincomycin, but the total weight of the bag is 80 grams -so it has some kind of filler - I guess to make it easier to measure...
It's bigger, that's all. Powder will still weigh the same amount, so it's 80 grams divided by 500 gallons = 0.16 grams per gallon. Dose per gallon is a little less 1/16 teaspoon.

-Kathy

Anyone, please feel to correct me if I have made an error of any type!

Haven't had enough coffee yet, so correct me if I'm wrong...

32 grams = 32,000 mg
32,000 / 80 grams = 400 mg per gram
64 mg / 400 mg per gram = 0.16 grams.

0.16 grams per gallon is the poultry dose using either package.

-Kathy

Yeah - I know coffee helps! So yes, it makes sense- so to be more accurate I might make 2gallons and refrigerate one - unless the instructions say otherwise... Maybe it's not so bad to eyeball half an 1/8 of a teaspoon! Strong stuff! I ended up putting in a very small pinch in 1 gallon of water this morning...
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom